LAM

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

folderol
Established Member

LAM

Post by folderol »

Linux Audio Music has been dormant for a very long time, but recently I contacted the person who hosted and ran it.

The reason he closed it was because of a serious vulnerability was discovered in Rails, and he no longer had time to do the necessary upgrades.

However, he has told me that he still has the entire database and the code. In his own words:
"... would be happy to host and do what I can to facilitate a handoff to someone else who wants to manage it."

For anyone who doesn't know, this was a relatively simple and clean site aimed specifically at providing a home for tracks composed with Linux - something rather rare!

Databases and Rails are both things I have no knowledge of myself (even if I had the time) so is anyone interested?
If you are interested, and don't know Hans' email address, let me know and I'll pass it on to you.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
rghvdberg
Established Member

Re: LAM

Post by rghvdberg »

Maybe a better solution would be to host a funkwhale instance.
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

Bad title for a topic.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

folderol wrote:The reason he closed it was because of a serious vulnerability was discovered in Rails, and he no longer had time to do the necessary upgrades.
FWIW, avoiding such a situation is a big reason why I like hosting this forum at uberspace.de instead of taking up any of the generous offers by community members to host it at their private machines.

I'm not comfortable with Rails either though, so not in a position to help resurrect LAM at this point.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.