Inear Display VSTs

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

werock
Established Member

Inear Display VSTs

Post by werock »

Saw this mentioned on KVR, they have released 3 of their sound mangling plugins for Linux (including 1 free one).

http://www.ineardisplay.com/
dednikko
Established Member

Re: Inear Display VSTs

Post by dednikko »

I am enjoying them so far. There seems to be a lot of overlap in apparent functionality, but the sounds they output are very different.

I will buy one of the two purchasable ones this weekend.

Ardour 3.1 seems to like them just fine, BTW.
Think like a gun.
eikakot
Established Member

Post by eikakot »

yeah they sound pretty cool :)
danboid
Established Member

Post by danboid »

Two new sets of commercial VSTs in as many weeks? Great! I hope this is the start of a trend that will snowball!

The more plugins devs see appearing on KVR that support Linux, the more they may consider porting theirs, I'd like to think, and the more people will try Linux for audio production.
linuxdsp
Established Member

Post by linuxdsp »

I hope the release of Ardour3 (in an easily installable - 'just works' package) - has helped convince more (commercial) developers that linux is a serious platform for audio, together with the fact that there is now widespread support for linuxVST, which, like or loathe VST, is more likely to encourage ports of existing plugins, as most of the time it just 'falls out' of e.g. crossplatform toolkits such as JUCE. There are those who will be disappointed that this is commercial software, but (as a commercial developer) I think its important to acknowledge that commercial software can co-exist with open-source, and can bring some benefits in terms of greater adoption of linux audio, which in turn can bring more benefits to the open-source community (greater interest from sound-card manufacturers would be one example).
StudioDave
Established Member

Post by StudioDave »

linuxdsp wrote:... I think its important to acknowledge that commercial software can co-exist with open-source, and can bring some benefits in terms of greater adoption of linux audio, which in turn can bring more benefits to the open-source community...
+1000

You and the other folks who are providing commercial audio software for Linux are intrepid souls indeed. It's the community's good fortune that such high-quality software is available to us at very reasonable prices.

Loomer, discoDSP, Modartt, linuxDSP, Inear, Illformed, Renoise, Harrison, all producing fine quality audio software for Linux. We may not yet be flooded with stuff, but what we have already is truly estimable.

Best,

dp