Album Flowers made in debian stretch and Ardour

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gennargiu
Established Member

Album Flowers made in debian stretch and Ardour

Post by gennargiu »

https://www.jamendo.com/album/170087/flowers

Album Flowers

1) Ocean
2) Flowers
3) Object
4) glaciers
5) Children in the vard
6) The wait

Album interamente prodotto con programmi open source : Debian Stretch 9,Ardour 5.10,Audacity,Openshot,Dexed Synth,Helm Synth,Yoshimi Synth,Mda delay effect

Full album album with open source programs: Debian Stretch 9, Ardour 5.10, Audacity, Openshot, Dexed Synth, Helm Synth, Yoshimi Synth, Mda delay effect

Strumenti hardware usati : Yamaha Dx7 mk1 ( midi + Synth) Roland d50,Korg M1,zoom ms 70 cdr ( pedal effects)
Computer : Imac 24
Scheda Audio : lexicon alpha
Monitor : Esi near 05 ex
Last edited by gennargiu on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
singforme
Established Member

Re: Album Flowers made in debian stretch and Ardour

Post by singforme »

Very nice sounds! Wrong category though - should be moved to "Original scores and recordings" :wink:
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

singforme wrote:Very nice sounds! Wrong category though - should be moved to "Original scores and recordings" :wink:
Hi sinngforme :wink: Thanks for listening and commenting, if the post has to be moved to another forum room most suitable there are no problems administrators can move it

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Very much enjoyed these tracks.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

folderol wrote:Very much enjoyed these tracks.
Hi folderol,many thanks for your listen and comment :wink:

gennaro
ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

I'm only halfway through but I find the album to be very emotive for something so purely electronic. Lots of heart and thoughtfulness.

Congratulations on releasing this and thank you for sharing it.
listenable at c6a7.org
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

ufug wrote:I'm only halfway through but I find the album to be very emotive for something so purely electronic. Lots of heart and thoughtfulness.

Congratulations on releasing this and thank you for sharing it.
hi ufug, thank you for your comment. I've always thought that my music regardless of which tools and software should be created should be freely shared with everyone without a profit. Today I am very happy because after years of using non-free systems such as windows and mac I can express and share my ambient and electronic sound passion through free systems and software as free as kx studio and ardour and many other open source programs in the world gnu linux dedicated to audio, video and graphics production. :wink:

gennaro
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Your album is a start, although for the "Ocean," you might want to go with a warmer instrument with less of a "sawtooth" sound and more of a "sine wave" sound. I mean, not pure sine wave, but maybe a triangle waveform which has some additional harmonics that sine wave does not. And maybe add some reverb to the instrument as it sounds kind of dry to me. As for the octave above the bass notes, that sounds good to me, but perhaps a bit warmer there. This could make some of the mid-frequency notes stand out a little more due to increased separation with less frequency overlap. Your song is okay, but it seems like the dry bassline does not seem fitting with the name of the song.

For the second song, "Flowers," it sounds beautiful, but can be a little depressing. Maybe some variation will do to lift up the spirits?

For "Object," it's a good song, but perhaps a glue reverb can help to give a solo instrument a sense of space.

As for the rest of the songs, with the exception of "The Wait," I'd still put in a glue reverb to give it some space, as it does sound try and way too mono-sounding to my ears.

I hope I can be of help. Keep in composing your music! :)
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

GraysonPeddie wrote:Your album is a start, although for the "Ocean," you might want to go with a warmer instrument with less of a "sawtooth" sound and more of a "sine wave" sound. I mean, not pure sine wave, but maybe a triangle waveform which has some additional harmonics that sine wave does not. And maybe add some reverb to the instrument as it sounds kind of dry to me. As for the octave above the bass notes, that sounds good to me, but perhaps a bit warmer there. This could make some of the mid-frequency notes stand out a little more due to increased separation with less frequency overlap. Your song is okay, but it seems like the dry bassline does not seem fitting with the name of the song.

For the second song, "Flowers," it sounds beautiful, but can be a little depressing. Maybe some variation will do to lift up the spirits?

For "Object," it's a good song, but perhaps a glue reverb can help to give a solo instrument a sense of space.

As for the rest of the songs, with the exception of "The Wait," I'd still put in a glue reverb to give it some space, as it does sound try and way too mono-sounding to my ears.

I hope I can be of help. Keep in composing your music! :)
Hello Grayson Peddie, thank you for your listening and for your tips that will surely help me in the future with my upcoming ambient / electronic compositions. Being able to improve my own sound creations for me is the reason to experience new creative solutions at all times. Then I'm really having a lot of fun with linux gnu audio programs that I think will hardly come back to using non-open and non-open source operating systems or less in line with the gnu / linux world. :D

gennaro
muydipalma

Post by muydipalma »

hi! sorry to bother you, but i cant get my alpha board working, debian see it, but alsamixer doesnt let me to choose it, how did u get it working?
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

muydipalma wrote:hi! sorry to bother you, but i cant get my alpha board working, debian see it, but alsamixer doesnt let me to choose it, how did u get it working?
Does it show up in "aplay -l"? If so, can you share its output?
muydipalma

Post by muydipalma »

raboof wrote:
muydipalma wrote:hi! sorry to bother you, but i cant get my alpha board working, debian see it, but alsamixer doesnt let me to choose it, how did u get it working?
Does it show up in "aplay -l"? If so, can you share its output?
yes

Code: Select all

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC3227 Analog [ALC3227 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: Alpha [Lexicon Alpha], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
raboof