Give Some Constructive Feedback and I'll Return the Favour

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dylanbriscall

Give Some Constructive Feedback and I'll Return the Favour

Post by dylanbriscall »

​Hey guys,

I really need some constructive feedback and I'd be happy to check out anything in return.

Bio: Dylan Briscall is a 24 year old Singer/Songwriter from the GTA, Canada. He has loved music for as long as he can remember largely in part because of his father who passed away in 2009. He is a major inspiration for why Dylan writes and performs music. Dylan has been writing music for only 4 years and this EP is his first ever venture into studio recording.

Link to Demo: https://soundcloud.com/dylanbriscall

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dylanbriscall/?hl=en

Cheers,
Dylan
sadko4u
Established Member

Re: Give Some Constructive Feedback and I'll Return the Favour

Post by sadko4u »

Hi!

I could listen only Love Like You. Other songs currently my browser failed to play from soundcloud.
Nothing to say about music, it's good and relaxing.
But there are some few moments about mixing that I would prefer to do in other way.
1. Guitar is placed into the middle plan position. I would prefer to place it into the front, a bit behind the vocal and make it brighter.
2. When shaker starts to sound, it's too unstable. I Always hear how it periodically moves to the left ear. I would prefer to place it behind the guitar plan and make a bit stable. Also it's a bit loud: try to make the loudness of the track as little as possible and you will notice how loud it is.
3. I would prefer to add more effects to vocals, especially to add delay on chorus part of vocal.
4. Clap is too bright, also needs to be moved to the mid-back position. Also the sample for clap is not the best choice.
5. Percussion is also too agressive. Percussive breaks sound a bit not natural.
6. In the pause between last chorus there is hum audible. Can be fixed by the noise gate or by dynamically adjusting of the level of humming tracks.

Indeed, good job. Did you use the body of the acoustic guitar to play low percussive notes?
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.