What Are Promoted Tracks?

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GraysonPeddie
Established Member

What Are Promoted Tracks?

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Can someone please ask me what are promoted tracks?

Clicking in the link in the search result lead me to a message:
This Help Center article is no longer available. Find an answer by typing keywords in the search bar above.
Using Soundcloud's search result, I asked "What are promoted tracks" (without quotes) and nope. At least the the error message gave me the impression that it's "404 Not Found" and I couldn't find a way to contact them to have the link taken out of the Google search index.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
davephillips
Established Member

Re: What Are Promoted Tracks?

Post by davephillips »

Greetings,

From the text at http://listenanddiscover.help.soundclou ... w-it-works :
Promoted tracks
Promoted tracks enable artists, labels and brands to share their content in the Streams of those who aren't following them to get their name and sound out to a broader audience. These are similar to promoted posts or sponsored content found on other social media sites.

Please note: Promoted tracks are currently only available to On SoundCloud Premier Partners and brand partners. However, there are other ways you can promote yourself within the SoundCloud community.
HTH,

dp
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Thanks! :)

Another question: Is there any possibility to prevent promoted tracks from shown in my stream? I don't care for vocals in music.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
davephillips
Established Member

Post by davephillips »

GraysonPeddie wrote:Is there any possibility to prevent promoted tracks from shown in my stream? I don't care for vocals in music.
I couldn't find any information on that, sorry.

dp
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Thanks. :(
--Grayson Peddie

tnovelli
Established Member

Post by tnovelli »

Well, it should be possible to write an ad-blocker rule for tracks with a "Promoted Track" label. Ublock Origin, for example, has an "element picker" tool that'll let you add your own ad blocking rules. I don't know if it'd work for this. I haven't bothered because I don't use soundcloud that much, and there's A LOT OF ANNOYING MUSIC* on there besides promoted tracks! :lol:

* including some of my own