Anyone familiar with Dueling Mixes?

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Anyone familiar with Dueling Mixes?

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Here's the site: http://www.duelingmixes.com/

For so long, I have been a subscriber to Graham's TheRecordingRevolution.com and I enjoyed his e-mails, his website, and his videos and I have learned a lot from him -- from parallel compression to mxing in mono, to subtractive EQ, to just about anything that he demonstrates and it does not matter what DAW I use. Being a subscriber to his mailing list, I get e-mails about promoting Dueling Mixes. For $27/month, since I'm a poor musician with not a lot of money, $27/month is a lot of money. No offense to Graham, but I kind of don't like his mindset that if you don't subscribe now and pay up, you will miss it. And then, I deleted the email saying "fine, no big deal -- I'll pass so I can miss out on mixing music for fun." For what it's worth, Dueling Mixes is a luxury to me. I don't have that kind of luxurious income -- like $2000+ a month to make Dueling Mixes seem very cheap.

So then I might ask: what would be a very good and cheaper alternatives to Dueling Mixes, if there are any?

Again, no offense to Graham Cochrane at TheRecordingRevolution.com. I would still receive his e-mails and enjoy watching his videos for months and years to come. Sure, I might try out Dueling Mixes one day, but I got other expenses to take care of.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
English Guy
Established Member

Re: Anyone familiar with Dueling Mixes?

Post by English Guy »

Hi
You can get tracks to mix here http://cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

Sorry there are only about 200 and the free price is a bit ludicrous. Do not lose this message or you will miss out on hours of mixing fun.

PS: I agree with you $27 a month is a lot of money. If I could afford that I would be buying more gear and software, not paying to remix someone else's stuff.
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Thanks.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

I'm having trouble accessing Combridge's website. I tried it this Wednesday, but did not come up but tried it a couple of times and then today I cannot access the website.

Internet connection is working. I'm living in Altha, FL and have Fairpoint Communication as my mom's DSL service. But then sometimes, my Internet connection can become sporadic. Sometimes it comes on go out.

Update: 2 hours before I watched WALL-E (with my mom), the website seems to be working. I don't know why, but I hope it won't be another hit-and-miss.
--Grayson Peddie