Weird issue with qjackctl

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

the waiter
Established Member

Weird issue with qjackctl

Post by the waiter »

Hello

Few days ago I played the guitar via Guitarix and I set up connection via qjackctl. Everything worked great. Today I wanted to play and there is something wrong with qjack. I can see my usb cable as HW:1 (PnP Usb sound device). Problem is, there are 2 capture inputs in connect window on the left (readeable clients). These inputs are no my USB device but two mics of my notebook. Why? What could happen?

PS: is it possible to reset jack somehow?

Thanx for support
varpa
Established Member

Re: Weird issue with qjackctl

Post by varpa »

It sounds like you started jack using your internal soundcard rather than your USB interface. You need to select the interface on the "Setup" tab of qjackctl. I suggest you make presets so you can easily change between your internal soundcard and USB interface. Here is a nice tutorial on QJackCtl:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/ch015 ... on-ubuntu/
the waiter
Established Member

Post by the waiter »

Hmm, I did not solved this problem so I had to reinstall whole distro again. Then I tried experiment with it again and I found out interesting thing. When I run Qjackctl first and then guitarix, everything goes well. But if I run Guitarix first and press button for activating jack, something weird happens because jack does not accept USB device but 2 devices from my soundcard. I can see capture1 and capture2 instead of capture1 related to USB cable. Ofcourse I set USB cable properly in setup. Any suggestions?
the waiter
Established Member

Post by the waiter »

Now I know where the problem is. In my home folder I have preset file .jackdrc with this text
/usr/bin/jackd -u -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p256 -n3 -S -D -Chw:1

but when I put this text to terminal everything is OK