Step by Step KXStudio upgrade Mint/Ubuntu/Debian/etc.

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

i2productions
Established Member

Re: Step by Step KXStudio upgrade Mint/Ubuntu/Debian/etc.

Post by i2productions »

I've been on Mint 17 cinnamon since the day it came out. I've upgraded all the way to current 17.3 build and still going strong. I would guess it's not jackd2. My experience is, it either works or it doesn't, there isn't much in between. You could try going in Cadence and if you're set to 3 period/buffer, change down to 2 and see what happens (make sure to restart jack). Also check your buffer size. Set it to 1024, and see if it makes a difference (again, don't forget to restart jack.) Otherwise, with the available info, I'm not sure. Also not sure why you'd come to linux to use Abelton, but I won't judge. I've found Reason works better with Ardour than through ReWire with any DAW on windows!
Fatima
Established Member

Post by Fatima »

Nice tutorial, thank you very much.

I am using it on Debian 8.5 Jessy, trying to get KXstudio software installed by using it.
Am having some trouble.

After:
add-apt-repository ppa:kxstudio-debian/kxstudio

I do:
aptitude update (also tried apt-get update)

and in both cases I get:
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/kxstudio-debia ... 4/Packages 404 Not Found

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
i2productions
Established Member

Post by i2productions »

Most popular tutorial ever in the how-to section, and it's been out-of-date for a while. New instructions should bring it into line with how it works now!