Need Advice for a 25 or 37 keys usb midi controller (SOLVED)

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

CrocoDuck
Established Member

Need Advice for a 25 or 37 keys usb midi controller (SOLVED)

Post by CrocoDuck »

Hi. I'm searching for a little midi controller to use with laptop. On my laptop is actually installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04, that works great! Can you suggest me a controller that is plug and play? To explain me better, I'm searching for something like the M-AUDIO Keystation Mini 32 (has someone tried it under linux?).
Last edited by CrocoDuck on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Re: Need Advice for a 25 or 37 keys usb midi controller

Post by CrocoDuck »

Thanks for the reply. I have a M-Audio keystation 88es, that is plug and play with ubuntu since 10.04. The keystation mini 32 is actually of the same series (so expectations are good), but is younger. Here we see the attributes for the keystation 88es: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/K ... n88es.html . We see that it's "class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32 bit), and Mac OS X ", you can see the symbols of the compatible architectures in the page, there's one called "universal". Here we see the attributes for the Keystation mini 32: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/K ... ini32.html . The one in my attention is: "USB bus-powered and class compliant". No "universal" symbol is showed. That's make me wondering on what means "class compliant" and what that implies with linux.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Re: Need Advice for a 25 or 37 keys usb midi controller

Post by CrocoDuck »

YO! So, I went to a shop to buy a scientific calculator... saw the keystation mini 32... and bought it. It works great out of the box with ubuntu studio 12.04. So I'm an happy child playing around with his linux laptop!