Efficient Storage System for storing musical instruments

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Efficient Storage System for storing musical instruments

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Are there any kind of storage systems for storing any kind of musical instruments such as flutes, guitars (classical/acoustic/electric),tambourines, and electronic drums such as Roland TD-11K? Maybe even brass instruments such as French horn?

If you have a lot of musical instruments, how do you store all your instruments when not in use?

Basically, I like to make new age music and make use of musical instruments that have nuances which it might not be possible to achieve with MIDI.

My Google-fu suck as I'm not getting relevant results at all.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
gimmeapill
Established Member

Re: Efficient Storage System for storing musical instruments

Post by gimmeapill »

I'd put the small stuff in a box and hang the bigger things with wall mounted stands like in music shops:
http://www.thomann.de/cz/km_16280_gitar ... halter.htm
or some floor stuff like:
http://www.thomann.de/cz/fender_multi_g ... d_283519_7

It really depends on your studio actually (assuming you have such a dedicated place).
Might be a no go if you have wall insulation, but I like the idea of a creative place surrounded by instruments, it cannot hurt for inspiration ;-)
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Re: Efficient Storage System for storing musical instruments

Post by CrocoDuck »

I used wall hangers like this for my guitars. Now I am living 5000 km from home ( :cry: ) so I have stored them into their guitar cases, that I put in a closet...