Eventual LM radio show

Check this forum for important info regarding the site.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Eventual LM radio show

Post by MattKingUSA »

Hello everyone :D Eventualy we were thinking about having an LM radio show featuring a few songs per episode that are submitted by users. Anyway, if this is an idea that anyone likes go ahead and comment and give some input on ideas for the show.

-Matt :D

mixtape
Established Member

Re: Eventual LM radio show

Post by mixtape »

Love the idea. I've always been surprised by how few audio forums there are to showcase Linux related audio. Best of luck.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

What do you want, just an server which streams a lot of Open Source songs?

I think that should be possible. Would be nice to have LM, LAU, LAM and MAO songs there... but let's start small...

I once posted a message on #LAD , there are enough geeks who can help you with it!!
spm_gl
Established Member

Post by spm_gl »

I happen to have quite a bit of experience with liquidsoap, a radio streaming software. We used it for a stream player (server/client) system in hardware stores. Works with jack too :-)
DioXide
Established Member

Post by DioXide »

I like the idea, Linux audio in general needs more exposure, however, a couple "open-source" songs won't cut the cake.

We need some talk.. Tips, audio tutorials, software reviews.

An amazing thing would be to show off a song (or instrument) which contains X effect, and then explain how to make such effect with Linux software.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

[quote="DioXide"]I like the idea, Linux audio in general needs more exposure, however, a couple "open-source" songs won't cut the cake.

We need some talk.. Tips, audio tutorials, software reviews.

An amazing thing would be to show off a song (or instrument) which contains X effect, and then explain how to make such effect with Linux software.[/quote]
There is already an podcast...

Maybe it's wise to start small. Just gather free songs and stream that to the world..
DioXide
Established Member

Post by DioXide »

[quote="studio32"]
There is already an podcast...[/quote]

I don't get the difference between "radio show" and "podcast".
(Other than the distribution method, of course)

If it was me, the podcast would be just a recorded part of the streaming radio. Not anything else.
I see no good reason to keep them separated.

This implies that everything that is currently handled on the podcast (which I've not listened to, I must add) would be transfered to the radio station.
becks
Established Member

Post by becks »

+1
as you (maybe) know, i love podcast
we have already a good podcast (opensource musician podcast), but i think another podcast it's great
ciao
GarryO
Established Member

Post by GarryO »

Becks said:

" +1. as you (maybe) know, i love podcast
we have already a good podcast (opensource musician podcast), but i think another podcast it's great
ciao"

Me, too. But of course - as Studio32 implied - it needs to have different content to opensource musician podcast. An English language version of your Italian podcast would be cool. You don't seem to have had any problems digging up a broad selection of tunes.