Hello, I'a new too!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Gyp
Established Member

Hello, I'a new too!

Post by Gyp »

Hi,

I'm born in France and live in Israel, so please excuse my weak English.
I'm beginning to check carefully the amazing options of the Linux community, especially the music ones.

My present goal is to write scores. I try using Rosegarden, but MuseScore looks to me better for that. In a second step, I want to import the scores with Rosegarden, or with other programs, and to arrange for different instruments or voices. (I posted a question regardin to export problems from Muse to Rose on Ubuntu and MuseScore forums and Rosegarden list).

Last point, the kind of music I'm dealing with is the original music of the Bible. My personal work regards only the accompaniment, the different voices and the arrangement, because the melodies are already in the Hebrew Bible and was deciphered by a French and musician lady, Suzanne Haik-Vantoura.

This forum seems to be a very good and useful thing and I'm glad to try it. Greetings from Israel to everyone!
khz
Established Member

Re: Hello, I'a new too!

Post by khz »

u are welcome \o/
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Gyp, welcome! don't bother about our English, there are lot of bad speaking english people here, so join the club! :) (after writing down messages on this board for a year, your English will be improved, I promise:) )

Did you think of learning Lilypond? Then you can do whatever you want with the help of some gui's like Rosegarden, Denemo, Nted, or musescore!

I like tools such as lilykde or lilypondtool for learning lilypond!

I'm looking forward to hear some psalms of David :)
Gyp
Established Member

Post by Gyp »

Hi Studio 32,
Thanks for your encouragement about my English. The idea of learning Lilypond goes through my mind almost every time I look for answers about music programs on the Net. But I like to use notes and it seems that Lilypond doesn't work with notes. Am I wrong?
You can hear psalms of David and other pieces from the Bible at the following link (http://rakkav.com/biblemusic/). There's a lot of various things on that site and that makes it heavy, but, for the time being, this is the only site. There will be in the futur, I'm sure, much better interpretations.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

mmhh interesting... Maybe they can make that old Hebrew music language in Lilypond, just like to have for percussion, or old music ;)

ps. there are good gui's for lilypond
Gyp
Established Member

Post by Gyp »

I have a good friend who works with Lilypond, but he is not a musician. I think he got the vision to do something like what your suggest.
In the meantime, I downloaded the PDF manual of GNU Lilypond and I will look at it. Is it possible to work with Lilypond and to see the result on a score?
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Gyp wrote:I have a good friend who works with Lilypond, but he is not a musician. I think he got the vision to do something like what your suggest.
In the meantime, I downloaded the PDF manual of GNU Lilypond and I will look at it. Is it possible to work with Lilypond and to see the result on a score?
Yes, the best thing for it is to use lilypondtool and/or lilykde IMHO