Newcomer from Puerto Rico

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

angelsguitar
Established Member

Newcomer from Puerto Rico

Post by angelsguitar »

Hi to all. I'm a newcomer (guess that's pretty obvious by now!!) to the forums. Currently using UbuntuStudio 8.04-1, and dual booting Windows XP (I refuse to Vista Upgrade!!!), but my goals are to move completly to Linux. Just have to keep WinXP for a while, I use Sibelius and Cubase mostly, but I am experimenting with Rosegarden, MuseScore, Ardour, Lilypond, and a couple of other. So far, so good...just need to get the hang of 'em.

Glad to find a community of musicians like me using Linux!!!

Anyone from Puerto Rico? Seems I'm the only one around here...

I'll be around...
Last edited by angelsguitar on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Post by MattKingUSA »

Hey welcome to the forum! I'm from Texas but Puerto Rico is cool. I've never been but I have a friend named Andy who is from there. So, how are the different programs comparing with the other? Are you finding that open source is better or closed source is better?

-Matt :D

burnside
Established Member

Post by burnside »

Welcome to the forums Angelsguitar!
angelsguitar
Established Member

Post by angelsguitar »

MattKingUSA wrote:Hey welcome to the forum! I'm from Texas but Puerto Rico is cool. I've never been but I have a friend named Andy who is from there. So, how are the different programs comparing with the other? Are you finding that open source is better or closed source is better?
Actually, I like 'em so far. Ardour, Rosegarden, ZynAddSubFX, Hydrogen and QSynth are among my favorites. I'm still playing around with notation software; basically with Lilypond and MuseScore. MuseScore looks promising, and it's very similar to Sibelius, which I am very familiar with.

Actually I have a couple of questions about notation, but I'm going to post on another, better suited category.
angelsguitar
Established Member

Post by angelsguitar »

burnside wrote:Welcome to the forums Angelsguitar!
Thanks!!!