New here

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Tim
Established Member

New here

Post by Tim »

Thanks to this link: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=748400

I came on this forum, very good idea to start something like this since creating music in Linux becomes more and more serious and cannot be neglected anymore.

I'm next to my job as functional/database supporter of software dj (12 years) and started to become a bit more serious with music production last 2 years (still didn't bring out something though). Music styles I dj/ produce are trance/ (hard)techno.

I tried Linux a couple of times since 2002. Suse and Fedora where not for me, till I found out about Ubuntu Studio and gave it a try. So far I love it, but haven't migrated my audio to Linux yet. So far have experience with Ableton Live/ Reason + VST's. I want to migrate to Rosegarden (as long as Ardour hasn't implanted midi yet) and Ardour. Any tips would be welcome about how to automate synth parameters via midi and about a good alternative for the warping methods in Ableton Live.

Next to Linux I'm a big fan of macosx, and beginning next month I'll get myself a Macbook finally. Maybe a dual boot with Linux, I don't know yet..

Anyway, talked long enough now, cheers!
I'm not the biggest world wonder, but have seen it
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

Great to have you, Tim!
Tim
Established Member

Post by Tim »

Thanks ;-)
I'm not the biggest world wonder, but have seen it