Swedish linux beginner says HI!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Bandersson
Established Member

Swedish linux beginner says HI!

Post by Bandersson »

Hi! Im from Helsingborg in the southest of Sweden.
I'm quite new to linux, started looking into it in february this year and I am still learning. It's very nice with a forum as i'm a bit uncomfortable with the mailing list concept, it gets more personal with a forum i think.

My musical background:
I started playing the baritone(low-brass instrument) like 13 years ago in a school orchestra, and i still play it today. I did my military service as a military-musician in Stockholm, in the " Swedish mounted band of the royal lifeguards", great experience. apart fram that i have played some guitar and a tiny bit of piano on my own.My experience with making music on a computer before starting with linux is limited to toying with FLstudio.

future plans:
Im gona buy a trombone soon and learn that. And i've started learning python...
thorgal
Established Member

Post by thorgal »

hey! welcome in here :)
if you have any issues with linux, just ask and we might help. I am located in the vicinity of Copenhagen (DK) so we are not far from each other. What linux distro are you using ? I run 4 debian boxes at home and I can definitely help you with some linux admin stuff. If you are a fedora or suse based user, the admin stuff is quite different but I can still help in any case.
Bandersson
Established Member

Post by Bandersson »

Thanks scandinavian neighbour! :D
I'm running Ubuntu Studio on a AMD-32 3000+. I havent bought a better soundcard jet so i'm using an internal 'realtek ALC650 6CH'.
for midi input i have a 'E-mu xboard 49'.