Linux Lite Music Computer

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

channelite
Established Member

Linux Lite Music Computer

Post by channelite »

I tried Ubuntu and Linux mint, but found Linux Lite was the best distro for my amd phenom 2 pc, with the m-audio delta 2496. So I got Bitwig 2.3.5 on it. I’ve gotten into trackers, I’ve got Tutka, Sunvox and PixiTracker.

I had a more powerful pc, which is a Hackintosh and windows machine, but I had to make it a family computer.

So I’m using my old pc with Linux Lite and it’s a really great system. I never gave Linux a real chance, but it’s really a great platform for music.
milo
Established Member

Re: Linux Lite Music Computer

Post by milo »

channelite wrote:I tried Ubuntu and Linux mint, but found Linux Lite was the best distro for my amd phenom 2 pc, with the m-audio delta 2496. So I got Bitwig 2.3.5 on it. I’ve gotten into trackers, I’ve got Tutka, Sunvox and PixiTracker.

I had a more powerful pc, which is a Hackintosh and windows machine, but I had to make it a family computer.

So I’m using my old pc with Linux Lite and it’s a really great system. I never gave Linux a real chance, but it’s really a great platform for music.
Welcome! One thing I love about Linux is the option to make a minimalist system. I have an old netbook that runs Debian with LXQT, and it is much more usable than the Win7 partition is.

I actually prefer XFCE on my adequately powered machines, because it is pretty lightweight despite being reasonably full-featured.

Linux is all about power to do your own tweaking and customizing. We're glad you're here.