Introduction

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dougwgough

Introduction

Post by dougwgough »

Hi All. I'm a music maker and Linux server admin from Vancouver BC Canada. I've been using Linux for web hosting and development for over 15 years, but only recently started seriously using a Linux desktop. Currently I'm on Ubuntu 18.04. I use my Mac for almost all my music making, but I'm very curious about Linux as a audio creation and processing workstation. My short term interest is in driving Linux synths and audio processors from Ableton Live on my Mac. I would like to be able to use Linux as a plugin host to offload some of the CPU work. If anyone else is doing this I'd like to hear from you.
tavasti
Established Member

Re: Introduction

Post by tavasti »

dougwgough wrote:My short term interest is in driving Linux synths and audio processors from Ableton Live on my Mac. I would like to be able to use Linux as a plugin host to offload some of the CPU work. If anyone else is doing this I'd like to hear from you.
If you have midi+audio interfaces on both, you could send midi out from your mac to linux, and drive linux synths with that midi. And capture that audio output in mac.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM