A word of thank

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

IllustratorPascal
Established Member

A word of thank

Post by IllustratorPascal »

Hi !

I wanted to respond to the topic 'Getting started with a DAW in Linux', but it's locked or so.
By this I want to thank everybody for all the information.
While I did the best I could, I wasn't capable to get it work in Linux. There were just to much obstacles:
- I'm new to Linux and understand the basics
- I don't understand the advanced things like the terminal code. I still have to learn that.
- I need time to learn the terminal and the topic felt like I had to run, while I still have to learn to walk in Linux.
- I speak English, but it's not my main language.
- I don't work every day with Linux and couldn't make enough time to follow the entire forum topic and all the details. It was too much.

Sorry for the delay of responding. I think at this point for me it's best to look around what's available in the download system of Linux mint - not the terminal - and when I see something interesting I can try it out, but for my music production I will stay a while with Reaper on Windows. I have a dual boot computer.

Again: thank you for all the help. I appreciate it all.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: A word of thank

Post by Michael Willis »

IllustratorPascal wrote:Hi !
Hi! I'm so glad that we didn't completely scare you away. Sorry, for whatever reason we occasionally get a rather heated conversation around here, but for the most part we have a lot of people willing to help.

Yes, doing audio on Linux requires learning a lot of things, but I have found it to be rewarding once you get past a certain point on the learning curve.

If making music on another OS works for you (spoiler alert, I'm about to commit heresy) by all means keep it up. With that said, If you're willing to give it another go on Linux, please keep asking questions, and we can give you some guidance, hopefully without derailing the conversation again.
IllustratorPascal
Established Member

Thank you.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

Thanks for the feedback and keep us up to date.
IllustratorPascal
Established Member

Ok.