one more newcomer arrived..

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

qeiynn
Established Member

one more newcomer arrived..

Post by qeiynn »

Greetings everybody,

I am Konstantin from Greece, currently living in Germany. I am a soundtrack composer looking to expand my knowledge in Linux based systems and thus I figured out this place should be a good start!

Looking forward to helping out and getting help from the community!

You can find more about me on our Website.
x-score.de

Konstantin
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Re: one more newcomer arrived..

Post by CrocoDuck »

Hi there!

Welcome. I went to your website and I seen a lot of tracks. Guess I know what I will be listening to tonight :wink:
qeiynn
Established Member

Post by qeiynn »

Hey thanks for taking the time. To be clear this music is a team effort. X-Score consists of me and my good friend Jan.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

qeiynn wrote:Hey thanks for taking the time. To be clear this music is a team effort. X-Score consists of me and my good friend Jan.
Does Jan want to use Linux?
qeiynn
Established Member

Post by qeiynn »

Michael Willis wrote:Does Jan want to use Linux?
Not really. He uses windows 10 and is really happy with it. I also did this music on windows 10 + cubase 8.5, but i got interested in making a secondary home studio based on linux, therefore I thought this forum could offer a lot of help!
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

There are a lot of distros, window managers, synths, sequencers, sample players, effects units etc. most of which are highly configurable. Many of these are fairly similar too.

If you are completely new to Linux I suggest you first try to find the time to try out different distros to find out which most closely suits you, although bear in mind that a lot of what is promoted here relies on the debian distro.

Once you have that settled and comfortable you can try out all the other goodies, and do try as many different things as you can. For example there are 4 major sequencers that are all quite different (and a number of less well known ones)... and everyone here has an opinion :lol:
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
qeiynn
Established Member

Post by qeiynn »

Well. I am not completely new to linux, but I wouldn't exactly call me experienced. I have some experience with raspi pis, also used linux mint a lot, as well as kubuntu. And since I like KDE5 I think I will go for the kxstudio distro and use ardour as my main DAW. We'll see how it goes.