Hi there

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ericplandry

Hi there

Post by ericplandry »

Hi everyone,

My name is Eric and I'm new to the community. I am a past musician. I played in a heavy metal band from age 13-17 wayyyy back in the late 80's. I've been messing around here and there with Garageband and had some fun with it but nothing serious. I'm also an electrical engineer and I teach electronics in a community college so I'm also messing around electronic projects involving arduinos and the likes. I want to experiment with a linux setup that would be similar to my Mac setup with GarageBand. I'll be posting a few questions to help me get started in the right direction and if I can be of help to anyone, well it's a bonus.

Here are some of my planned projects:
Setup a Linux machine to record multiple tracks from real instruments through various audio interfaces. I currently have a Behringer X1204USB.
Interface a midi keyboard.
Use This linux machine as my guitar fx processor. rakarrack looks interesting.
Setup an arduino based pedal board controller to control the software like play, record, loop etc and also the guitar fx. Something similar to the Apogee Gio mixed with a Zoom G5.

Well that's pretty much it for a start. Hope to meet interesting people in this group.

Cheers! :D

Eric
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Hi there

Post by Michael Willis »

If you find that you really like Rakarrack, you might be interested in rkrlv2 - it's the effects from rakarrack converted into individual plugins that you can use in a DAW. I only found out about it months after learning to use Rakarrack.