Hi all.. just moved from microsoftland..

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

fastesteddy
Established Member

Hi all.. just moved from microsoftland..

Post by fastesteddy »

Hi all..

After 20 odd years of windows, have finally made the full leap into linux and was very happy to find kxstudio waiting for me.. have tried linux several times before but always ended up going back to windows as I could never get the soundcard working (maudio)..

So here I am, shiny new build computer, loving the kxstudio interface, and yet again no sound.. sigh.. Not sure which part of the forum to go noobing on but that will clearly be my next step..

Any recommendations for a reasonable low latency pci-e soundcard would be appreciated.. Used to be that usb was not an option for low latency but not sure about usb 3.0, even have 3.1 on this mobo..
Any ideas folks..?
tavasti
Established Member

Re: Hi all.. just moved from microsoftland..

Post by tavasti »

I would say most of us are using usb. I have some Alesis for input, and output is with some cheapo Behringer, and latency is not too bad for routing all my guitar playing thru them. Sure, I am not after hottest HiFi, but works for me. Just my 4.08 €urocents (based on current exchange rates)

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

fastesteddy
Established Member

Re: Hi all.. just moved from microsoftland..

Post by fastesteddy »

Hi tavasti..

Am learning quickly that usb is the way to go, my needs are similar to yours and not looking for a pro, just a reasonable setup.. Have popped a post of the main forum and am hoping for a bit of advice there but thanks for the 4.08 cents worth..!!