Greeting from Zürich!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

pink
Established Member

Greeting from Zürich!

Post by pink »

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while already, and now I feel like I should at least say hello: Hello!

I'm originally from Hamburg, Germany, and now live in Zürich for the last 10 years.

I'm a long time Linux user (since around 2000), using it almost exclusively at home - only used Windows as a bloated bootloader for Steam and haven't played games for a while now - as well as exclusively on my day job for the past 10 years. I know my way around as a SysAdmin (or "Systems Engineer" to make it sound more fancy) and code in Python and C++.

I am an absolutely clueless newbie when it comes to music. I've never learned playing an instrument and haven't tried to make music since I've been ~16 years old (which is quite a while ago and it was hardly more than "trying"). I don't feel ambitious enough to try learning an instrument now, but I do want to dip my toe into the world of (electronic) music making anyway. If I do have any talent for that is a different question (I'm not very optimistic, but don't care about that either)...
My wife is actually much more musically skilled, and I played a bit with Ardour to record her, but we didn't yet get very far with that either.

Cheers!
-Ben
folderol
Established Member

Re: Greeting from Zürich!

Post by folderol »

And a welcome from me too.
Only thing you need to remember "If you're not enjoying it, you're doing it wrong" :lol:
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

pink wrote: I know my way around as a SysAdmin (or "Systems Engineer" to make it sound more fancy) and code in Python and C++.
Now all of the cool kids call that "Devops" :wink:

Willkommen!
pink
Established Member

Post by pink »

Michael Willis wrote:Now all of the cool kids call that "Devops" :wink:
I'm not a cool kid anymore...