Hey there from Istanbul's europe side

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ColonelMIDI
Established Member

Hey there from Istanbul's europe side

Post by ColonelMIDI »

I should tell you about the new rt setup I did last week after two years of abstinence from linux audio. I'm surprised how things on the linux pro audio scene developed into a mature environment. A lot of the obstacles I stumbled upon years ago made progress towards solution. By that I mean tools like Ardour, linux vsts, LV2 plugins, all the goodies from KXStudio repos and rt kernel sanity with near upstream up-to-date builds being available... I'm simply amazed.

Linux audio is nearly there.. Steinberg announced VST sdk for linux recently, a lot of companies like m-audio, arturia etc. advertise linux compatibility on their product pages like this gorgeous piece of hardware: https://www.arturia.com/products/audio/ ... e/overview. Just search for linux on their page.. It's mentioned 2 (two) times!! Amazing isn't it?

My current setup is a simple one. With Debian 9 stable netinstall, openbox wm + the bare minimum linux services powered by FalkTX's brilliant KXStudio repos and tools, a bit tweaks i found on wiki.linuxaudio.org's excellent tutorials and I now have a near dream rt system with 5.3ms stable latency. This latency with a rather old machine of ESI Juli@ 24/192, AMD Phenom II X4, 8gb RAM and a bunch of SATA 2 SSDs simply made me feel reborn. Thank you to countless people who worked years on this linux audio stack. Finally some light at the end of tunnel..