Good Day from Michigan, USA

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

RockinRiley
Established Member

Good Day from Michigan, USA

Post by RockinRiley »

hello, new to guitars. Started a few months ago, older (and I think wiser :)) person. I have been doing i.t. for 20 years. Started using amplitube to find out the different sounds of pedals. I then started doing research after having problems with Amplitube. (I bought an old Stealthplug usb cable from Ebay.) and amplitube 4, windows 10, and that cable (None of it goes together well.) So, I downloaded av linux. Guitarix worked (After I youtubed jack a few times.) and the nice thing is it all worked very well. I did look at KX Studio, but I do not see Guitarix on it. I really hate Apple, so IOS really is out the door for me, so seeing how well my guitar and old usb cable worked with Av Linux, I will be looking very, very hard at my Linux options. I do alot of research and I have found many free vst plugins, but I have not had the opportunity to dabble in that arena as mostly the software that uses them is very costly. Is there something in Kx Studio that can use vst's?

More about me, army 88~92, I own a 2001 Zrx 1200 and ride it when possible, and am a family man.

Thanks for the views.
Mike
davephillips
Established Member

Re: Good Day from Michigan, USA

Post by davephillips »

Greetings,

Welcome to LM, Mike !

I'm in NW Ohio, so "Howdy!" from Down Here. :)

Best,

dp