Michael from Berlin says hi!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mischinka
Established Member

Michael from Berlin says hi!

Post by mischinka »

Hello everyone,

This is Michael from Berlin in Germany.
I’ve played trombone as long as I can remember and started guitar, drums, bass, singing and fluegelhorn later on. For effects of voice/brass/strings I am exploring the Boss VE5RD and the Boss ME80.
Now I want to venture into electronic music production. I have an older laptop with 32-bit Ubuntu and a M-Audio Oxygen8v2 midi controller, and I started a couple of weeks ago to spend some time to understand the basics of synthesis via AMsynth, trying to wrap my head around VOCs, filters, ADSR envelopes and ring modulation. Also I’m starting to use yoshimi, seq24, hydrogen and qmidiarp. I’m trying to get hypercyclic (does anyone have v1.1 for 32bit?) and most importantly arpage to run, but without success until now (will post separately).
My goal for the foreseeable future is to use synthesis and (distorted) brass instruments as input to loop, with a focus on live performance, playing in a band with live drums and live bass.

Even though I’m very new to Linux/Ubuntu and some of it seems scary, I’m looking forward to this challenge and am very excited to be part of this community.

Best regards,
Michael.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Michael from Berlin says hi!

Post by Michael Willis »

Welcome Michael (Great name!) Please don't be afraid to ask questions as you explore working with music on Linux. There are many helpful people on this forum who will help.
autostatic
Established Member

Re: Michael from Berlin says hi!

Post by autostatic »

Welcome Michael! We'll help you through the new and scary parts, don't worry :)

Jeremy