Thanks for accepting me

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Hitman

Thanks for accepting me

Post by Hitman »

First of all thanks for accepting me. My name is Ed, I live in The Netherlands. I have a wife, two kids (10 and 11) and a dog. Apart from being a Linux enthusiast I'm a huge guitar nerd (especially vintage guitars). I work as a computer engineer for a living but whenever possible I'm either busy making music or building guitars. When it comes to musical preference I mainly listen to blues, (progressive) rock, jazz and fusion. Recently I've applied to a private school for Jazz and Contemporary music in Amsterdam (DJAM) wich will start in september this year.

My workstation runs on Debian 8.8 and for home recordings I use Ardour, Hydrogen and -to a lesser extent- Audacity for sound effects. I'm manage to get some decent results with these tools but still there remain many questions regarding how to work with these tools. Which is, primarily, the reason I subscribed to this forum: to gain and exchange knowledge and experience.

See you all soon!
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Re: Thanks for accepting me

Post by CrocoDuck »

Hi Ed, welcome to the forums!
Hitman wrote:whenever possible I'm either busy making music or building guitars
Building guitars? That's cool!. Feel free to share with us pictures of your work and eventual source on how to (learn how to) do it. That's something that always interested me (not sure why I haven't been asking a professional luthier friend of mine to teach me...).