KXStudio user - live and studio - UK

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Count
Established Member

KXStudio user - live and studio - UK

Post by Count »

Hi there from the UK,

I've been Windows free for nearly ten years now (stands to acknowledge polite applause from group), it's been great, productivity is fantastic. I have been using Linux Mint mostly for that time. I started on Ubuntu 8, and tried Mint at 9, but then adopted Mint KDE from 11 onwards.

I've got a Lenovo Thinkpad 410 which I've put KXStudio on to act as my AV mothership.

I've messed about with keyboards and synths and MIDI on and off over the years, and in the last couple of years have been playing electric guitar. I'm on a current quest to combine both things for live performance and for recording! I've dabbled on and off for about a year with Linux AV, dipping my toe into the hot waters of ALSA and then JACK, and combining MIDI with live audio.

I sense a few late nights and frustrating times ahead, but I have a fairly clear idea of what I want to achieve!

Great to have found a community to be aboard for this, I may need the occasional hand-holding!
Spanner
Established Member

Re: KXStudio user - live and studio - UK

Post by Spanner »

It sounds like you are well on your way to a rewarding experience.

kxstudio is a great choice.

Lots of folks here are very helpful.

Welcome to linuxmusicians.
Count
Established Member

Re: KXStudio user - live and studio - UK

Post by Count »

In the gap between posting I have been exploring KX Studio.

Wow. Just wow, what an incredible system!

Oh yes it is the most rewarding computing experience I have ever had! There is so much here straight out of the box.