Hello from Germany

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

wjl
Established Member

Hello from Germany

Post by wjl »

Hi all,

I'm relatively new here - tried to help in a few cases already, didn't ask much myself until now.

My name is Wolfgang, and I'm from the Frankfurt area in Western Germany. 60 years old and an IT guy professionally, I used to be a bass player when I was (much) younger. Have been in the studios (like EMI Electrola) at the age of 19, and later also worked in some of these studios as a sound technician.

For my birthday this year I've got a Røde NT-1a microphone together with a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen interface, mostly for voice-over work in videos for my employer, but also to record our daughter (12yo, recorder, piano, and french horn) and maybe some of her classmates.

Playing around with MuseScore, Ardour, Qtractor, Hydrogen etc. on my Debian Jessie with backports and KXStudio repositories. In case someone wants to read more: I also run a private blog at http://wolfgang.lonien.de/

In my last post there, I thanked falkTX for Carla (and of course all of his other stuff). Glad I've found this forum.

Cheers,
Wolfgang
more about me on my blog
Spanner
Established Member

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by Spanner »

Greetings, Wolfgang:

Looks like you have a very useful blog.

I have bookmarked it for when I have time later to browse it.

Welcome here.