Hello !

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gzou2000

Hello !

Post by gzou2000 »

Hi everyone !

The name's greg.

So yeah, I live here in quebec (french province of Canada for thos who don't know) and presently have a coolege degree in Classical music at the Conservatory of Quebec city. My Principal instrument was the trombone.

After that, having had a taste of the music industry here in quebec I decided to go study in something else that would assure a more stable revenue. So, i'm now studying for a college degree in Computer sciences.

Regarding my linux experience, well i've always been fascinated by computers since my childhood and got introduced to linux 3 years ago by one of my freinds and have since taken the big jump towards a linux-only system on my computer ^^

As for audio software, I don't have any experience in that domain. But i've tried out lilypond and NoteEdit (which I both like pretty much) and am following the developpment of Canorus with great interest.

That's pretty much it for me !
"All musicians are drug addicts. The ecstasy we get during a concert is proof enough.
yet there is a slight difference between us, the musicians, and the typical 'street-junkie'...
Instead of consuming powder, we consume vibrations" ---(myself)
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Welcom Greg,

Great to have someone here with such a background!
thorgal
Established Member

Post by thorgal »

Hi Greg,

welcome on board! I lived in Quebec-city for 2 years, c'tait ben l'fun, 'sti d'calisse :D