New to Linux music and the forum!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Julian
Established Member

New to Linux music and the forum!

Post by Julian »

Hi all!

In true new guy (one might even say n00b) fashion, I joined the boards this morning and promptly posted something in the wrong forum - I hope the admins are forgiving here! But I digress...

I hail from the southeastern US, and have just recently been shown the virtues of open-source in general, and the possibilities of Ubuntu Studio in particular. It looks like a fairly HUGE learning curve but I am looking forward to getting down and dirty with OSS music production and performance!

I really appreciate the tone that this forum has and I am looking forward to participating as I get ramped up and well into the future. Thank you for having me, and I apologize in advance for any and all eye-rolling sort of questions I might pose here. I'll do my best to keep it to fresh content :D

Thank you for a great forum/community!
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: New to Linux music and the forum!

Post by sysrqer »

Hi and welcome!
Don't be afraid to ask questions, now matter how stupid it is, we've all been there.
Julian
Established Member

Re: New to Linux music and the forum!

Post by Julian »

Thank you sysrqer! It's a brave new world, so it's good to have guides - if your avatar is any indication, I'll be leaning on you for at least a little while :)