Greetings from Adelaide, Australia

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

bjboyd
Established Member

Greetings from Adelaide, Australia

Post by bjboyd »

Hi from down under. Having primarily recorded music on a mac for the last 8 years I recently made the move to using Ardour, (having previously used Live & Logic Pro). I'm using Calf plug-ins.
I'm an instrumental musician having started with guitar (back in 2008), I then released a variety of synth albums but more recently I've shifted back to guitar. I've found most guitar plug-ins disappointing so have opted to record using guitar effects pedals going into my audio interface. I was chuffed when I discovered my Steinberg UR22 was compatible with Linux.
I'm reasonably new to Linux. I'm running Linux Mint (18) on a 5 year old macbook (having trialled around 10 distros). I've become disappointed by all the unnecessary software that comes with a mac and a company that creates devices that aren't meant to be modified.
I want to focus on making music and not pay for software that has 4000 synth sounds and 3000 loops that I'll probably never use. So the move to Linux is about downsizing my music gear and simplifying my set-up.
Looking forward to hearing what others are up to on this forum.
A sample of my previous works can be found at https://bjboydmusic.bandcamp.com