New to this group

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

StanM
Established Member

New to this group

Post by StanM »

I am a 63 year old Linux user from Minnesota USA. I'm running Ubuntu Studio on an older Dell desktop. I have been playing guitar since the 60's and own a Gibson SG Classic with P90's and a Schecter C-1 Elite that I string with flatwounds and downtune a whole step to D then drop the top string to C. I think they refer to that tuning as Double drop C. I've got a keyboard and bass guitar as well. I like all types of music but am kind of partial to rock. My daughter's fiance plays in a popular Minneapolis band called VIA that has opened for some national acts such as Saving Abel and Buckcherry. Both him and an old friend who is a master on the guitar are the ones I do most of my jamming with.

My recording is done in analog through a Digigtech effects pedal that is plugged into the mic jack on my pc and I use Audacity for recording, mixing to stero and saving to MP3. You high tech guys are probably laughing at my setup but my songs sound pretty good considering what I'm using and are getting some attention on Reverbnation. Nevertheless, I realize that I need to do some upgrades to my gear and recording processes so that is why I joined this forum.

I have built PC's on the past so I know how to do my own upgrades. One of the reasons I joined this group is that I don't want to go out and buy hardware or recording equipment without being absolutely certain that it's compatible with Linux. I'll be posting some questions and some samples of my work. 8)