Greetings!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

MrSmith

Greetings!

Post by MrSmith »

Hello everyone!
I am truly excited to be joining a community of open minded musicians, creativity, and people! Here's a little about myself!
I am a senior in high school looking to major in Music Education and obtain a job as a high school band director. My main instrument is piano, however the instrument I will be majoring in is tuba. I enjoy creating techno-orchestral music, and have been in a rock band, and potentially joining another one.
My main desktop does run Windows 7 (eh it was a Christmas present!) however my laptop is running Linux Mint 17 (stay minty fresh!!). I first got into Linux when my computer crashed, taking my Windows with it, and I did not have the disk which happily forced me to switch to Linux, and I have to say that my experience with it was amazing! Since school starting to get harder, I was forced to switch back to Windows around last Christmas (when it was gifted to me) because I didn't have time to deal with every little bug that inhibited me from completing school work.

Skip ahead several months, I've had this minimal laptop since February and it's been running Windows 7. I cannot believe it took me to realize how stupid I was being in not giving it Linux, and so I recently decided "Eh, I don't want to pay for anti-virus, and I really love me some Linux.... looks like I'll finally have a decent laptop!
And so as I am typing this, the ISO disk just popped out, and I am ready for customization time!