Essential information for new users

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

polkorgan

Re: Essential information for new users

Postby polkorgan » Wed May 17, 2017 5:00 am

My name is Don Jand I play a Robert Morton 3/13 Pipe organ at the Polk (1200 seat) Theatre in Lakeland Florida (USA) for pre-show movies . The organ has about 1600 PIPES that operate from 2 blowers (7 1/2 HP each) and is 99 % Pneumatically operated.

I have recently installed a 16 note Midi System to provide addition sounds such a Piano etc, It works freat..

Now I need help and guidance to add a Hydrogen drum machine using a Raspberry 3 (that I can hide inside the walls.

The organ is traditional (Circa 1927) so I cannot have any visible modern day equipment , Such as a computer.

I am 89 years old, grew up in electronics, but I do not have tge benifit of your schooling

I am in dire need of some help from you people of the younger generation on this project.

Selection and programing are the issues. Is there any way you people could help me with the software ?

ufug
Established Member

Postby ufug » Wed May 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi Don. I don't have the solution for you but this is quite an interesting project and I hope you will share your progress here.

We have a great Wurlitzer in the Paramount out here in Oakland, CA and it's quite a thrill to hear it in action.

beto
Established Member

Postby beto » Wed May 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi, Don! I've been experimenting with the Raspberry Pi for music, and I would love to help.

When you say "Selection and programing are the issues", what do you mean? Do you mean selecting a drumkit preset, or programming the patterns? How are you planning to work with hydrogen, playing live or playing recorded patterns?

X-Ray Oz

Postby X-Ray Oz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Nathan

I have developed a few command line programs which may be useful for Linux musicians, namely:
- router: an alternative to QMidiRoute which differs between "note on" and "note off" and also provides an extra transformation
- chogen: a program that generates chords from single notes pressed on a MIDI controller or keyboard
- trigger: a utility that allows the user to start a program or command file by pressing a key on a MIDI controller or keyboard

The programs are shareware, and the C++ source code is available as a CodeLite project. 64-bit binaries are also included.
Initially, I would like to upload a PDF file documenting the software, so that anybody who is interested can contact me.

So please let me know how I can publish the PDF file here.

Cheers

Rainer

Return to “New? We're glad you're here!”