Mighty Car Mods

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Mighty Car Mods

Post by MattKingUSA »

Does anyone else here on the LM watch Mighty Car Mods on youtube? If so, what kind of car do you have? :D

-Matt :D

slowpick
Established Member

Re: Mighty Car Mods

Post by slowpick »

I am sitting on an old Catalina wagon, the plan is to empty to rear compartment, install a poker table
with four swiveling bucket seats, and paint it in the football teams colors. The third seat area at
the rear, with its footwell, will hold a custom cooler, and a retractable LCD. The front will
hold buckets and console from a 2+2, or if unattainable, a Grand Prix, or Bonneville.
Dual or back to back sunroofs, are an option, as is a roof transplant from an Olds Vista Cruiser or
Buick Skymaster. A fully functional 'ram-air' food scoop would be the last modification.

It's getting more difficult to fend off GTO owners needing the engine and transmission :lol:
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

Mitsubishi Lancer Wagon GLXi
onderschrift.jpg
onderschrift.jpg (47.04 KiB) Viewed 2573 times
  • Clear head lights
  • White tail lights
  • 15" Evolution rims
  • White side indicator lights
  • Clear front indicator lights
At the moment the car looks like this:
yumi1-800x600.jpg
yumi1-800x600.jpg (99.33 KiB) Viewed 2573 times
For the record, it initially looked like this:
yumi1.jpg
yumi1.jpg (60 KiB) Viewed 2573 times
But the car is getting old, the gear box is starting to wear out, it needs a new exhaust pipe and it's starting to rust. And it has some pretty nasty dents and scratches :( On the other hand, I love this car. It's my second Lancer Wagon, been driving this model for more than eight years I think. In my dreams this car has an Evo engine, but I did consider the possibility to fit a 1.6 DOHC 4G92 MIVEC engine in it, or else a 1.8 DOHC 4G93T Turbo engine, but that would mean the car has to be reintroduced since that would mean the displacement changes. But since those 1.6 MIVEC engines are really scarce here I never really bothered.

Now I've wasted enough time on useless car babble ;)

Jeremy
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

Oh, one last thing, the utmost pimped Lancer Wagon:
libero1.jpg
libero1.jpg (98.93 KiB) Viewed 2572 times
If I had the money I'd buy two Lancers, one RHD Mitsubishu Libero GT and one LHD Lancer Wagon and then I'd swap all the mechanic stuff and engines. I wouldn't style the resulting Lancer that much and then I'd laugh when I outsprint a tuned VW Golf at a traffic light with my 260 BHP Lancer Wagon. Eat that!
MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA »

Autostatic, lovin the car mate, it's got some potential, I will post some pics of my truck when it gets back from the shop. It's missing a part that is really hard to find and I'm not really having luck finding it and the guys at the shop can't find it either. It's ridiculous. I have been without a truck for over a year and just get a new one and the starter won't make contact with the flywheel over a stupid dust shield, at least that's what the mechanic has told me. I have some awesome plans for it including a performance chip for the engine. It's supposed to increase torque and horse power and even fuel economy. Meh? No idea if it will work but it will be cool to say that I have it, the biggest down side is that you have to run premium fuel with the chip installed. 8)

slowpick
Established Member

Post by slowpick »

I replaced the Pontiac starter, and four thin metal shims fell down, apparently
existing to compensate for changes in housing thickness or shape over the years.
Don't know if anything similar could be fabricated for yours?

@autostatic Did you catch a tan from the northern lights this week? :)
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

@MattKingUSA: chiptuning will definitely help. My lancer can't be chiptuned unfortunately, it's ECU is just too old :)
The Lancer is gonna go, we're planning on buying a Toyota Avensis Verso. More spacious but also a lot more petty and unfortunately I can find very little styling products :( Well, it's got 150 BHP, with some chiptuning you can get 162 BHP out of it and hopefully changing the airfilter with a K&N one adds another 5 BHP. And with a spaghetti manifold, a decent muffler and the catalyst removed, well :lol:

And in the end, it will have to look like this:

@slowpick, nope, I think I've missed the whole thing :(
MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA »

I actually went througha massive adventure and got the part that I need from another one of my trucks. i'm going to put it together in a video for youtube pretty soon the story of my truck. :D

slowpick
Established Member

Post by slowpick »

AutoStatic wrote:
@slowpick, nope, I think I've missed the whole thing :(
Here's a teaser gallery:
http://www.space.com/14325-post-skywatc ... -2012.html

A car set that low would be rare here, as they divert gas tax revenue from the road-paving
projects it's legislated for, to secret pet projects, and missing pavement chunks and potholes are everywhere, with speedbumps the size of cannon barrels spreading like a windows virus
on valentines day :shock:
I do know a few stretches where that car could fly,
with very few radar cops nosing in on the action. :wink:
MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA »

I have had so much time moving that I've not done any work on my truck or had time to take pictures. i'm planning to actually post something at some point!

autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

Guys, I have to bail out of this topic I guess. Today we bought a Citroën Berlingo which is totally not suited for Mighty Car Mods :(

Although...

(And I've found out that some chiptuning and a K&N airfilter might give me 130BHP)
slowpick
Established Member

Post by slowpick »

Looks good for getting amps to the gig, and kids to the soccer field :)
Maybe you can share a chip tuned hot rod with your wife, a year or two down the road.

An uncle had an old Citroen 2CV http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2008/06/citroen-2cv.html

It was like riding in a lawn chair pulled by a go-cart. Chic magnet? Not so much :(
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

slowpick wrote:Looks good for getting amps to the gig, and kids to the soccer field :)
Yeah, it fits a complete backline. I do hope though my kids will not start playing soccer.
slowpick wrote:Maybe you can share a chip tuned hot rod with your wife, a year or two down the road.
That would be great but then I'd like to have a garage box for it. Also I'm not very much inclined to the idea of having two cars.
slowpick wrote:An uncle had an old Citroen 2CV http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2008/06/citroen-2cv.html
Awesome! I vividly recall driving back from a summer job in Southern France in a 2CV. It was eeermmmmm very bumpy and quite uncomfortable.
slowpick wrote:It was like riding in a lawn chair pulled by a go-cart. Chic magnet? Not so much :(
The first part is so true. I do think such a car can be a chic magnet though :)