Are ZUI's the future?

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

laba170
Established Member

Are ZUI's the future?

Post by laba170 »

ZUI = zoomable user interface by the way. It resembles the way map software works, so the closer you zoom, the more details/functionality you can access. And here's an awesome video showing off the functionality of a ZUI. I mean, now we're talking desktop effects!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T5mP7O76cc

And here are the developers site:

http://eaglemode.sourceforge.net/index.html

Watching that video, I sort of envisioned patchage. Only that you could zoom in on the connectable boxes, and open the corresponding program... *dreaming*
laba170
Established Member

Re: Are ZUI's the future?

Post by laba170 »

Seriously... Have anyone checked out the video? It's really impressive, and I recommend it to you all.
Capoeira
Established Member

Post by Capoeira »

laba170 wrote:Seriously... Have anyone checked out the video? It's really impressive, and I recommend it to you all.
I even had tried it out as I found it in the repros in Arch, but i couldn't see how it would make my life easier, if you understand
laba170
Established Member

Post by laba170 »

Yes, I understand very well. I haven't tried it myself actually. I just thought the video was seriously impressing.
MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Post by MattKingUSA »

HACKERS I love this idea. In fact I was wanting to create a DM based on FSV but I don't know how to code and I never started learning. This is like someone else has already done this! Of course mine was going to be more like city scape and you could visit other people's cities over the net via an invite. But that would be like user specified space for others to visit. I think this would accomplish the same thing just not themed the way I would want it.

-Matt :D