Competition: Create best hydrogen drumkit (finished)

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

benzene
Established Member

Re: Competition: Create best hydrogen drumkit

Post by benzene »

funkmuscle wrote:
benzene wrote:I'm down. I joined a band a few months ago and my drummer has agreed to let me sample his kit. :twisted:
Great for sampling a real kit... are you multi-layering it? That's the best way to get the real kit sound. If yeah, will you make the samples available?
I was planning on multi-layering it, yes. maybe. huh? What's a multilayer? A guy with 2 or 3 girlfriends?
Seriously, there have been requests for a Heavy Metal drumkit and this one may stand a chance. Practice with the mixer first is a good idea. I'll give it my best shot in any case.

For a preview (in supercheapcamera.so-so sound fidelity) check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tragic/32 ... 2392950137

If multiple entries are allowed, I intend to attempt an experimental ?120bpm bass solfeggio kit together with multiple bass layers and sample tar.gz files. I think it's time the bassists got their hands dirty and stop letting the drummers hog all the fun.

It would be very cool to see lots more entries with "other than drums" instrument samples.
laba170
Established Member

Post by laba170 »

I don't think multiple entries will be any problem. All in all, rules are not very strict. It's just for fun anyway. :)
benzene
Established Member

Post by benzene »

funkmuscle wrote:
benzene wrote:I'm down. I joined a band a few months ago and my drummer has agreed to let me sample his kit. :twisted:
Great for sampling a real kit... are you multi-layering it? That's the best way to get the real kit sound. If yeah, will you make the samples available?
I'll do what I can with it. I'm still learning the mixing board.

I'm also working on a multi-layer bass guitar kit. Are multiple entries allowed?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

cool man.. you do know what I mean by multi-layer right? Just in case, it's samples of each drum hit at different velocity to create a more natural or real sound... works great with the humanizer
guitarlover

Post by guitarlover »

I have tried drum kit with humanizer and it work great as giving the best sound.
benzene
Established Member

Post by benzene »

I have the raw samples of my drummers Pacific Drumworks kit but it will take another 20 hours to get the individual samples polished up for production. I guess this means I won't have an entry for the contest in time. In any case, the samples and h2kit will be made public as soon as I can get it finished.

I also have assurances that when we mic the DW half of his kit we can get those samples as well.
laba170
Established Member

Post by laba170 »

benzene wrote:I have the raw samples of my drummers Pacific Drumworks kit but it will take another 20 hours to get the individual samples polished up for production. I guess this means I won't have an entry for the contest in time. In any case, the samples and h2kit will be made public as soon as I can get it finished.

I also have assurances that when we mic the DW half of his kit we can get those samples as well.

Don't worry. You are pretty much the only contender, so there's nothing to "win" anyway. But it seems you have put a lot of work into your kit, so I don't think it'll be a problem if you create a thread about it when it's finished. Then we can try it out and tell you what we think. That was kinda the point of this "competition" anyway. Each contender creates something and gets feedback from the others.

I'm looking forward to trying out your drumkit!

I would have submitted something myself, but I don't have a website. I would have to register at some uploading site just to upload the very poor drum kit I made. :lol:

Would be great if we could upload stuff here at this site. That would make sharing stuff and having competitions much easier for people like me.
benzene
Established Member

Post by benzene »

:D

Earlier estimates for sample prefrobnication were greatly exaggerated.

My entry for the h2drumkit is now available for download.... It's not perfect but it's close enough for rock and roll.

http://listen.to/benzene to download(bottom of page).

The files in question are as follows:

OP-Demo.h2song
OP-Demo.h2drumkit
OP-Demo.wav

Samples tarball will be available tomorrow morning. The new job is kicking my butt & I is dawg tired, boss.

Enjoy.