gigging

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

StudioDave
Established Member

gigging

Post by StudioDave »

Greetings,

I'm curious: How many LM members play out on a regular basis ?

Best,

dp
Chipfryer
Established Member

Re: gigging

Post by Chipfryer »

Not me at present Dave. Hopefully in about a year at this rate what with finances being what they are. Really looking forward to it again however :D
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

Hello Dave,

I do. But it varies per year, it depends heavily on if we released anything with the bands I'm in. A release is a guarantee for a good number of gigs. But I've done 3 gigs a week for about 4 months, that was one of the coolest times of my life, not for my ears unfortunately :(
At the moment it's calm, the bass player of one of my bands is about to become a dad again and with my other band we're rehearsing our socks off for a few upcoming gigs and there are plans for recording some songs for a split 7" which will generate some new gigs.

Jeremy
MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Post by MattKingUSA »

I play out regularly as well. I usually play coffee shops and small music venues in Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas.

-Matt :D

kaimerra
Established Member

Post by kaimerra »

My band(http://www.chosenrobot.com) usually plays a show or two a month in Minneapolis/St. Paul. But, we are about to take a couple month break because my pregnant wife is almost due. :) By that time our album should be ready to distribute and start booking more shows(I hope!).
Scary Hallo
Established Member

Post by Scary Hallo »

I play in three bands. And all in all I have 10 to 15 gigs a year. Mostly in small venues.
I enjoy that very much.
StudioDave
Established Member

Post by StudioDave »

I have a band and a solo act. My band is booked for two or three gigs per month for the rest of the year (all 1-nighters), and I have a few solo gigs booked too. My students also put on shows three or four times a year, so I still perform a fair amount during the year.

When I was on the road in the late 70s we often played six nights a week, six sets a night, for two or three weeks at a time. In those days that was a typical gig for a road band playing full-time around Chicago and other Midwest cities. It'd kill me now. It damned near killed me then.

Now I'm very happy to stay at home with my studio. You youngsters can have the road. :)

Best,

dp (aka El Viejo)