Seeings as this is the off-topic area...

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

folderol
Established Member

Seeings as this is the off-topic area...

Post by folderol »

Someone in Timpsons in the Hempstead Valley shopping centre nearly made me angry yesterday...

When I went to the shops to do my weekly round, I got a key fob battery warning as I left home, so I got a replacement battery amongst everything else. Got back to the car, and it would open the doors but not allow the engine to start (which in itself is bit stupid).

Now although I now had a new battery, and could easily get the cover off the fob, the battery is an extremely tight fit, and I had nothing small enough to fit in the tiny slot alongside designed for poking it out.

This is where Timpsons in the Hempstead Valley shopping centre comes into the story. It occurred to me that they would have lots of small tools and as the fob was already open it would take seconds to pop the battery out. Oh no, the guy there said they'd change the battery for £12. That's right, £12 to change a battery that costs £2. When I pointed out I already had the battery I was told they only fit their own batteries. I then said I didn't want them to fit the new one, just pop the old one out, or lend me something I can do it myself with. No dice. Timpsons in the Hempstead Valley shopping centre won't agree to that.

At that point I informed them (in a rather loud voice) that not only would they not rip me off for £12 but that they would never get anything from me at any time in the future, and that I would make sure as may people as possible knew about it.

I still had the problem of a car I couldn't drive off but then noticed a clothes cleaning/repairs shop further along, so went in there to ask for help. Almost before I'd finished speaking the lady pulled out a darning needle - job done in seconds.

I was tempted to go back to Timpsons in the Hempstead Valley shopping centre to tell the guy, but decided I didn't want to lower myself to his level.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Seeings as this is the off-topic area...

Post by jonetsu »

Did you tell them about the problem with the car ? Sometimes these types prey on people having problems as they see them as captive customers.

Cheers.
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

I didn't, but he probably guessed. Also, these days I rather look my age so I expect he thought I'd be a pushover.
Markus
Established Member

Post by Markus »

These reviews on the Internet are quite helpful for others...
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Curious. They ask for reviews, but there don't seem to be any there :?