This Year's Festive Season

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

folderol
Established Member

This Year's Festive Season

Post by folderol »

I wonder what people here are planning for the holiday period.

I'll be spending Christmas day itself at my sister's place. We have a fairly traditional one (My other sister and her husband also usually come along) and it makes for a very pleasant and relaxed time to catch up with all the family gossip, along with the obligatory Ohh and Ahh at the latest batch of photos of the grand kids.

Because of the way my (remaining) work days align, I will have an unusually long unbroken holiday through to January the 7th :D

My car has just had it's winter service, so if the weather holds up that will give me the opportunity to reacquaint myself with some the more distant walks that I like.

Whatever you plans, I hope you have a good time.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
tavasti
Established Member

Re: This Year's Festive Season

Post by tavasti »

Xmas will be spent with wife & kids (not so small anymore) at home, just relaxing and not to much extra hassle.

Planning to put new pickups and wirings to one of my guitars. Replacing Squier Affinity Strato pickups with cheap chinese hot rail pickups, with push-pull pots for switching pickups from single to humbucker. Let's see how it goes, guitar body has already been carved so that push-pull pots will fit. And hopefyly I have energy to continue some composition projects which have been stalled for months.

Depending on weather and amount of snow, I'll be ice skating / nordic skiing or downhill skiing some amount.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM