Junkie XL tutorials

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

raboof
Established Member

Junkie XL tutorials

Post by raboof »

Not very 'Linux', but http://www.junkiexl.com/tutorials/ has some nice video's about his workflow and toys :D. I like his style.
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Junkie XL tutorials

Post by sysrqer »

Nice, thanks!
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

If I draw a parallel it's a bit like woodworking videos in which the guys have the $800 Festool router, the $1200 Festool workbench, the large table saw, the hidden jointer and thincknesser, and then they go on demonstrating how easy it is to make a design.
briandc
Established Member

Post by briandc »

Yes, his massive setup makes my head spin.. And I keep thinking about how far electronic instruments have come over the space of a handful of decades... :shock:

I do enjoy watching them every now and then, always with a sense of reminiscence. :)

brian
Have your PC your way: use linux!
My sound synthesis biome: http://www.linuxsynths.com
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

Same here and out comes shit :mrgreen:

briandc
Established Member

Post by briandc »

42low wrote:
briandc wrote:Yes, his massive setup makes my head spin.. And I keep thinking about how far electronic instruments have come over the space of a handful of decades... :shock:
Don't you have that yourself then brian? :mrgreen:

My head spinnes each time if i'm going to create new sounds in new songs with the 20+ extended synths i have all based on that kind off boxes full of patches and knobs, and off which i mostly only use a handfull.
Those i have with their 'endless options' to create almost each sound i want are allready head spinning about were to start.
Makes me feel like i'm Junky XXXL :mrgreen:
I totally agree! Synths that offer "everything" are sometimes a bit discouraging; whereas the "simpler" synths with fewer options actually push me to be creative with the "little" that I have available. There's a saying in Italy, "il troppo storpia." Having too much can actually be a hinderance.
And a similar one, "chi si accontenta gode." Basically, there is pleasure in contentment.

brian
briandc
Established Member

Post by briandc »

42low wrote:
briandc wrote:There's a saying in Italy, "il troppo storpia." Having too much can actually be a hinderance.
And a similar one, "chi si accontenta gode." Basically, there is pleasure in contentment.
Exactly Brian. Sounds almost the same as 'less is more' which many times is.

That's my overall opinion about linux studio. It is that extended and there's that much possible that i still have very very much to discover. Almost each time i play with it i discover something new. And i still aren't confronted with limits.
Right! --I'm still amazed by the beautiful sounds that I can create (even) with my 12-year-old "duo"-core desktop PC with less than 2GB of RAM. Awesome! (I'm currently using Librazik-2 as my distro of choice, which has most (if not all) of the KXStudio repos added to it. Realtime kernel, and FAST!)

brian