Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sadko4u
Established Member

Is anybody from china here? Need help!

Post by sadko4u »

Hello!

Is anybody from China here?
Shortly: my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 has died. And the main reason is the power supply that has explosed.
I need to find a replacement. According to information from techs I need a FEREX FP07M063 power supply.
But It's available only in China and I currently have no idea how to purchase it online.

If there is somebody that could help me, I'll be very grateful.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
davephillips
Established Member

Re: Is anybody from china here? Need help!

Post by davephillips »

I did some Google searching. At least one user simply contacted Focusrite and bought the new PSU from them for ~$30US.

http://www.vsplanet.com/ubbthreads/ubbt ... er=1505080

HTH,

dp
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

In any case, the supplier in China might very well not sell it to you. You'd have to contact an electronic shop and there are A LOT of these that sells an incredible amount of parts but, they very likely will not do business with foreigners. Mostly because they would not want to get through the hassle of doing so, translation included. So as Dave suggested, Focusrite is the simplest way. Otherwise if you know the specs for the supply, you can rig your own.
davephillips
Established Member

Post by davephillips »

jonetsu wrote:In any case, the supplier in China might very well not sell it to you. You'd have to contact an electronic shop and there are A LOT of these that sells an incredible amount of parts but, they very likely will not do business with foreigners. Mostly because they would not want to get through the hassle of doing so, translation included...
However, a few years ago I needed to replace the speakers in my studio monitors. As it happened, I had to order from a Chinese supplier. I had no problems with the order - it was all done on-line, in English - and the speakers are still in use here. So at least in that case everything went down without a hitch. I figure YMMV whenever you direct order from an overseas supplier.

Best,

dp
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

davephillips wrote: However, a few years ago I needed to replace the speakers in my studio monitors. As it happened, I had to order from a Chinese supplier. I had no problems with the order - it was all done on-line, in English - and the speakers are still in use here. So at least in that case everything went down without a hitch. I figure YMMV whenever you direct order from an overseas supplier.
Yes, there are many that will sell for instance through ebay. And in many cases there is no shipping fee. Some are very well-known like Sain Smart for Arduino and the like. As for me, I order teas each spring after harvest since 9 years now and had no problem at all. So it's not the shipping and it's not the shops that do sell outside of China. What I wrote for some reason was in some kind of a context in which one is facing a Chinese-only outfit, which does not make much sense here - thanks for rectifying it. I think I got hit by the 'anybody' from China which brought it to a personal level.
Last edited by jonetsu on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

I've already written to Focusrite support. But I'll probably receive the answer only on monday.
I don't want to loose such device that works so great under linux.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

42low wrote:Can't you find one to modify?
In basic power supplies are much the same. You need to find one with the same specifications. Currency (? changing or +&-), the same voltage and amperage (to be found on your old one).
It's very specific power supply with output voltage combinations.
Brand: FEREX
Model: FP07M063
Applicable Products: DVB digital TV set - top box
Input voltage range: 100V-240V
The output voltage: + 5, + 15V, -15V, + 51V
Output Power: 10W

Input characteristics
Input voltage range: 100V-240V AC
Input voltage frequency: 47Hz-63Hz
Output characteristics
Output combinations: + 5V, 2A; + 15V, 0.7A; -15V, 0.7A; +51 V, 80mA
Ripple: 50mV
Efficiency: 70% Min. (220V AC / Max Output Current)

Dielectric strength: AC 3000V, 10mA, 60Sec
Insulation resistance: 30M Min DC 500V
Mean time between failures: working time 50000H

Protective function:
Output Overvoltage Protection (OVP)
Output Short Circuit Protection (SCP)
Output Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

sadko4u wrote:It's very specific power supply with output voltage combinations.

Input voltage range: 100V-240V
The output voltage: + 5, + 15V, -15V, + 51V
Output Power: 10W

Input characteristics
Input voltage range: 100V-240V AC
Input voltage frequency: 47Hz-63Hz
Output characteristics
Output combinations: + 5V, 2A; + 15V, 0.7A; -15V, 0.7A; +51 V, 80mA
Ripple: 50mV
Efficiency: 70% Min. (220V AC / Max Output Current)
And so, after searching, it turns out to be an internal power supply, not external. So you'll be soldering one back in place.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

sadko4u wrote: Brand: FEREX
Model: FP07M063
OK, I'll switch back to 'local' mode. This will not solve the problem but you know, if you search in Chinese, like in using Baidu, you'll find. Such as:

http://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&f=8&rsv ... &rqlang=cn

Amongst whose there's:

http://provide.biz72.com/isj14bxqg.html

For 40 yuan eg. $6.50 approx.

But the problem would be to make conatct with them which goes back to what I was saying at the beginning. Unfortunately my chinese is not good enough for this. If you know of a Chinese person, you can ask to help you.

On that page 帮助中心 is to provide help, so eventually you could write to them, even in English. Surprise them ! :) The pencil option top right is 免费发布 for getting notified of news if I'm not mistaken.

Then again, contacting Focusrite for a replacement part might just be much easier unless you have interest in Chinese. :)
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

I already was there. And I filled and submitted contact form. I don't know about will they contact me or not.
I also wrote to Focusrite suppor.
I also wrote to the audio repairing service at my city that deals with Focusrite.

So probably somebody will answer (I hope). Waiting for monday.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Alright. I've finally contacted Focusrite and they will ship me two power supply blocks.

They will ship to me the power supply block PSUI001007.
So if you have troubles with your Focusrite device, you can seek for this power supply first.
According to the information, this device can be used in the wide range of Focusrite devices:
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Focusrite OctoPre MK II
Focusrite OctoPre MK II Dynamic

I've paid around 71 GBP (including VAT):
- 25 GBP for delivery
- 18 GPB for one power supply.

So now waiting for the shipment.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Sheeesh. You did not learn any chinese. :mrgreen:
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

jonetsu wrote:Sheeesh. You did not learn any chinese. :mrgreen:
俺は何か日本語を習って言った。中国語が知らないけど。
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

sadko4u wrote:
jonetsu wrote:Sheeesh. You did not learn any chinese. :mrgreen:
俺は何か日本語を習って言った。中国語が知らないけど。
This is japanese. I do not read much japanese, although it says something about learning or skill because of 習 which is a character I am not familiar with but has 习 so it could be about practice/learning. The 2nd part about chinese has a verb tense of zhī 知, knowing, which of course is strictly japanese. Why do they have to complicate things with verb tenses ? Why not just get rid of all verb tenses as in chinese ? Why have abstract characters that represent nothing ? No need for verb tenses, no need for genders, no need for articles, no need for plural. All words should be 2 or 3 chracters, no more. Simple. 8) Not like having verb tenses and worse, adjective tenses. And all those degrees of politeness. And why most characters have two pronounciations w/o any rule to guide which sound to use ? Nevertheless, japanese is cool. It's actually a fun language - I'm just making jokes here - but not easy.

你将近期收到两个电源

走好 !
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

In japanese language, all variable parts of words are written with hiragana (that looks so: ひらがな), all borrowed words with katakana (that looks so: カタカナ). Also particles, prepositions, pronouns and some set of frequently used words is also written with kana. Japanese evolved from just using kanji to using kanji and kana (katakana, hiragana). Another problem is that first time kanji were used to denote the similar with chinese language constructs but keep the original pronounce of words. That's why kanji characters can be pronounced in different ways in japanese (often called the 'on reading' and 'kun reading').
Consider this example: '人' means a human in both languages, for chinese language it's pronounced as 'rén'. In japanese language it is pronounces 'hito' as a single noun. But if you want to say about foreign person, you say '外人' that will be pronounced as 'gaijin'. Sometimes combination of kanji characters can become completely unpredictable pronounces, it looks like exception in language.
你将近期收到两个电源
走好 !
ありがとうございますね…