Reputations

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dchurch24
Established Member

Reputations

Post by dchurch24 »

Hi,

I've had some really good (and friendly) advice given to me on this forum and I was wondering if you could have something like a 'give thanks' button which increases a 'reputation score' of the forum member.

This would not only be a way for people to say thanks for the advice, but would also let other/new members know who was experienced and who gives good advice.
studio32

Re: Reputations

Post by studio32 »

This is not a ubuntuforums with thousands of members... I think such a 'reputation' score is not necessary and make it rather unpersonal... If you don't know which advises and comments are valuable for you, you are forgot to think for yourself or are visiting this forum not frequently enough... ;)

And here are not members with a 'bad reputation' or it must be those spammers ;)
dchurch24
Established Member

Post by dchurch24 »

Fair enough. I run a forum (with about 300,000 members) where you can add 'justice points' - but no user can take them away, so there is no users that have a negative number.
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

dchurch24 wrote:I was wondering if you could have something like a 'give thanks' button which increases a 'reputation score' of the forum member.
Hi dchurch24! Thanks for taking the time join the discussion here at LM! We will definitely keep this idea in mind as our community grows.
MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Post by MattKingUSA »

I think that would be a cool thing to have too.

-Matt :D