upgraded forum...

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

studio32

upgraded forum...

Post by studio32 »

Hi all

Nice the forum seems to be upgraded! :)

I like the links to our wiki and planet, its more clear.

I don't like the new lay-out :( the former was much better!! Especially the colors, red/grey/yellow was much better then this awful flashy blue color in my opinion.... :mrgreen:

:shock: edit: Yes I agree with myself... after surfing this forum a while... the colors should be the same as our phpbb2 forum... :!:

There's no hidden members only music sharing part yet?
MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Re: upgraded forum...

Post by MattKingUSA »

You know, I'm not too crazy about this tan. It seems out of place in all of this grey and blue.

-Matt :D

studio32

Post by studio32 »

I think its also better to keep the same 'house style' of linuxmusicians. The same colors which people recognize as the colors of linuxmusicians.com .... (and I like the colors before the upgrade)
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

studio32 wrote:There's no hidden members only music sharing part yet?
Please be patient. The forum upgrade took several hours, and I am still getting to know the administration features on phpBB3. I will do my best to get to it today, but I may not be able to implement this feature until tomorrow.
MattKingUSA wrote:You know, I'm not too crazy about this tan. It seems out of place in all of this grey and blue.
I feel you. I was going for a variation of the old colors...in my opinion, the old forum was harder to read because of all the black text on blue backgrounds, and it always seemed a bit dark to me. Since the default theme for phpBB3 already had a lighter blue for the header and other parts, I thought I'd add a background color that wasn't stark white, but still light. Now I'm thinking a dark blue (like navy) might look pretty good as well. I appreciate the feed back, and keep it coming. I'll definitely keep on tweaking the colors for a bit here.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Please, why not go back to the color we had? They where much much much better! I hate that sharp flashy blue color... A musicians forum should have some style, and this 'modern' fake colors is everything but not stylish! I can't visit this forum a view times a day with this color!

And I don't think it's an good idea to change colors after each upgrade... or better I think it's good to keep 'our' colors...

edit: if you didn't like the background color, play a bit with that, but try to get the same colors as we are used too as much as you can...
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

studio32 wrote:Please, why not go back to the color we had? They where much much much better! I hate that sharp flashy blue color...
You're talking about the header graphic, correct? Because most of the forum elements other than that were blue...and are still blue.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

nathan wrote:
studio32 wrote:Please, why not go back to the color we had? They where much much much better! I hate that sharp flashy blue color...
You're talking about the header graphic, correct? Because most of the forum elements other than that were blue...and are still blue.
I'm talking about the sharp blue colors which is at the top of the forum and on the top of the forum parts.... Maybe I forgot, but wasn't our forum something with red :/ ?
MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA »

Looks like the a link is set to red. And the top logo as well massive. I don't care what the colors are as long as they don't clash. And the site icon for the browser should change to include some blue if we're going with blue. I like the blue.

nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

studio32 wrote:I'm talking about the sharp blue colors which is at the top of the forum and on the top of the forum parts.... Maybe I forgot, but wasn't our forum something with red :/ ?
Actually the only red parts of the forum were a few text elements. "Creating music freely" for instance was red (like in the logo that's still on the wiki).

I understand you don't like brighter blue color on the header graphic and categories...I'd like to see what the other members think as well, before I go to all the trouble of re-colorizing those elements (they're graphics, after all, so it's not just changing an html color code)
MattKingUSA wrote:Looks like the a link is set to red. And the top logo as well massive. I don't care what the colors are as long as they don't clash. And the site icon for the browser should change to include some blue if we're going with blue. I like the blue.
I noticed that too. I can easily tweak the links and resize the logo.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

To be clear. I didn't see a forum before with such ugly colors as linuxmusicians.com is right now! If you don't matter about the colors, do matter about me... I can't be proud on our forum if the colors stay like they are now... Our former colors where fine, this is awful!
MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA »

studio32 wrote:To be clear. I didn't see a forum before with such ugly colors as linuxmusicians.com is right now! If you don't matter about the colors, do matter about me... I can't be proud on our forum if the colors stay like they are now... Our former colors where fine, this is awful!
Don't lopen away from the site now. It's only been up for like 2 minutes. It will be finalized later.

studio32

Post by studio32 »

MattKingUSA wrote:
Don't lopen away from the site now. It's only been up for like 2 minutes. It will be finalized later.
Good joke! :)

To be honest... I dislike this colors so much... my appetite to share things on this board is below zero with this colors.... So if finalized means, better (and if possible 'our' colors) I'll be happy ;)

Now I'm gonna logout, my eyes are hurt ;)
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

studio32 wrote:To be clear. I didn't see a forum before with such ugly colors as linuxmusicians.com is right now! If you don't matter about the colors, do matter about me... I can't be proud on our forum if the colors stay like they are now... Our former colors where fine, this is awful!
This...is a bit harsh. Hopefully the community and content are at least pride-worthy, even if the color scheme isn't your favorite.

Like I said, we'll definitely be tweaking the color scheme and other elements over the next several days; stuff like this happens when old themes aren't compatible and you've got to start from scratch.

Bear with us as we figure the look and feel out, and feel free to provide feedback whenever you notice a change.
MattKingUSA wrote: And the top logo as well massive..
Resized the logo. Does it need to be smaller?
MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA »

nathan wrote:
This...is a bit harsh. Hopefully the community and content are at least pride-worthy, even if the color scheme isn't your favorite.

Like I said, we'll definitely be tweaking the color scheme and other elements over the next several days; stuff like this happens when old themes aren't compatible and you've got to start from scratch.

Bear with us as we figure the look and feel out, and feel free to provide feedback whenever you notice a change.
MattKingUSA wrote: And the top logo as well massive..
Resized the logo. Does it need to be smaller?
Not in my opinion. I think that looks really nice.

nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

Found a pretty good theme with the same look and feel as prosilver, with a more muted blue color that's closer to the "original."