make an members only subforum for music

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

khz
Established Member

Re: make an members only subforum for music

Post by khz »

Jedee: :D i use the tool "ding" Dictionary Lookup http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/ding/
nathan: wow great work, thx 2 u :)
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Post by MattKingUSA »

Lopen sounds a lot like laufen meaning run in German. I wish that was a word that had carried over when English was being being formed back in the day. Ich yetst lopen..hahaha oh gosh...I like Dutch. It's cool.

-Matt :D

studio32

Post by studio32 »

About the access to the 'rehearsal room' (? ;) ) ... I think it's good when someone who is registering himself shouldn't have immediately access to the hidden forum part... Then someone can quickly register and copy some stuff....

Better to give a member access after he/she has posted for example a minimum of 5 posts.
And an other idea is to let people accept a form with some statements about copyrights.

- Use the content only for private usage. You're now allowed to spread or copy things from this forum part.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

studio32 wrote:About the access to the 'rehearsal room' (? ;) ) ... I think it's good when someone who is registering himself shouldn't have immediately access to the hidden forum part... Then someone can quickly register and copy some stuff....

Better to give a member access after he/she has posted for example a minimum of 5 posts.
And an other idea is to let people accept a form with some statements about copyrights.

- Use the content only for private usage. You're now allowed to spread or copy things from this forum part.
Nathan and others, what do you think of it??
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

I think this is fine. There's already a notice on the forum page with the special rules. I will create a group that people may request to join, and they'll have to have a minimum of 5 posts.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

nathan wrote:I think this is fine. There's already a notice on the forum page with the special rules. I will create a group that people may request to join, and they'll have to have a minimum of 5 posts.
Ok. where can we find it, that notice on the forum page with the special rules? And how do people know that there is such a part and can make a request to join it?
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

At the top of Rehearsal Room you should see this in red:
Forum rules
Any musical works in this forum are private and copyrighted by their respective owners. You may not copy, distribute, or create derivative works without the composer's explicit permission.
studio32 wrote:how do people know that there is such a part and can make a request to join it?
We could either address in the posting guidelines, or we could possibly extend the forum description to include instruction/explanation. What do you think?
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Yes I saw that part and I think it good!

I think you should add the information of the 'members only' forum in the forum guidelines and also in the information for new glad you're here forum...
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

nathan wrote:I will create a group that people may request to join, and they'll have to have a minimum of 5 posts.
It's not quite clear that it's required to request access, or how to submit this request :).
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

Okay, I added instructions to the About section:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=523
studio32

Post by studio32 »

nathan wrote:Okay, I added instructions to the About section:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=523
And does new people know what you mean by 'Rehearsal room'? Don't think so....
As suggested before, a message in the 'new glad you're here' forum part would make those things also clear for newbies, cause I don't think many people will check the 'about' forum part...
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

studio32 wrote: And does new people know what you mean by 'Rehearsal room'? Don't think so....
Edit to post in the "About" section:
The Rehearsal Room is a special forum for established members to share their music with each other in not-so-public, trusting environment.
studio32 wrote:I don't think many people will check the 'about' forum part..
Please note in the "New" section:
First, head on over to the About Linux Musicians section.
Hopefully people will take that advice seriously, 'cause they'll want to check out the Forum Posting Guidelines, etc.

Nevertheless, added to the "Essential" post:
We encourage you to share your music with us in the Original Scores & Recordings forum! Once you've posted a few times, feel free to join The Rehearsal Room as well.
There are links to instructions regarding The Rehearsal Room in that post now.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

ok :)