"Quick Links" instead of "View Your Posts"

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GraysonPeddie
Established Member

"Quick Links" instead of "View Your Posts"

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Why is there a "Quick Links" instead of one-click "View Your Posts?" Aren't "Quick Links" for mobile devices? Can't I have the one-click "View Your Posts" back?

I could quickly get use to "Quick Links -> Your Posts" but I just want to save a click each time I want to view my posts.

Update: It looks like this website is mobile-friendly which I tried it out in my smartphone. Nice improvement for sure, but for the desktop users, it would make sense to have frequently-used commands visible in the top row where "Quick Links" is in. In other words, hide the div element when the width is 640 pixels or less.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
raboof
Established Member

Re: "Quick Links" instead of "View Your Posts"

Post by raboof »

GraysonPeddie wrote:Why is there a "Quick Links" instead of one-click "View Your Posts?" Update: It looks like this website is mobile-friendly which I tried it out in my smartphone. Nice improvement for sure, but for the desktop users, it would make sense to have frequently-used commands visible in the top row where "Quick Links" is in. In other words, hide the div element when the width is 640 pixels or less.

This is due to the upgrade to phpBB 3.1 I did this weekend. If you know any nicer phpBB themes I'd be happy to install them alongside the default prosilver theme you're seeing now.
GraysonPeddie wrote:Aren't "Quick Links" for mobile devices? Can't I have the one-click "View Your Posts" back?

I could quickly get use to "Quick Links -> Your Posts" but I just want to save a click each time I want to view my posts.
My personal workflow is 'ctrl-t' (open new tab), type 'lin', and then picking from the autocomplete. No clicks! :)
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Re: "Quick Links" instead of "View Your Posts"

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Another note, the "remember me" checkbox seems useless per-browser session. I don't know if it's my end that's the problem, but as soon as I cleared the cookies for this site, I had to re-login which is my mistake. I'm going to try to restart my browser to see if the "remember me" preserves between browser sessions.

Update after a minute later: It seems to be working without having to re-login, but I'm going to wait and see if the "remember me" is still working.

Update 2 (2/11/16 09:52 EST): It's working this morning after I clear out the cookies for this site yesterday.

Update 3 (2/11/16 13:34 EST): Had to re-login again. "Remember me" does not last very long.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.