Move KX to main page?

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Move KX to main page?

Post by glowrak guy »

Why not move the KX forum out to the main page, right there with Linux Music News?
The page view count indicates you'd save a vast amount of needless clickwork, with that one simple change.
Tedium is not user friendly. 50,000 page views, means there is a whole lot of wasted kinetics that could be prevented.
Cheers
raboof
Established Member

Re: Move KX to main page?

Post by raboof »

While the KX forums are indeed a huge part of the forum, wouldn't most users just use the direct link at http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/ ?
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

raboof wrote:While the KX forums are indeed a huge part of the forum, wouldn't most users just use the direct link at http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/ ?
Not to discuss KX releated topics with other users. Which is the point of having a forum, after all.

Also, the occasional pro-tools or cubase refugee, might find the more useful topics straight away,
and not have imagined them to be in a subforum of 'distributions and other software'.
Cheers
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

glowrak guy wrote:
raboof wrote:While the KX forums are indeed a huge part of the forum, wouldn't most users just use the direct link at http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/ ?
Not to discuss KX releated topics with other users. Which is the point of having a forum, after all.
I mean, wouldn't they click 'Community', 'Forum' there and get directed directly to the right subforum?
glowrak guy wrote:Also, the occasional pro-tools or cubase refugee, might find the more useful topics straight away,
and not have imagined them to be in a subforum of 'distributions and other software'.
They wouldn't expect them under 'KXStudio Discussion', either, I'd say, right? Or am I misunderstanding you?
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

The whole point is that the forum with by far the most views,
takes a little extra effort to get to, so as a courtesy,
just make it a little easier for the majority of people using the forum.
Cheers
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

Love, brother, it's just a click away.
:D