My Top 3 questions about the LM forums

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

danboid
Established Member

My Top 3 questions about the LM forums

Post by danboid »

Why do we have to be signed in to view The Producers area?

How do people request access to the Rehearsal Room?

Why don't we have a forum dedicated to plugins and FX?

Thanks admins!
nils
Established Member

Re: My Top 3 questions about the LM forums

Post by nils »

Why is this still the default phpBB layout even with the phpBB logo?
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

danboid wrote:Why do we have to be signed in to view The Producers area?

How do people request access to the Rehearsal Room?
I have no clue.
danboid wrote:Why don't we have a forum dedicated to plugins and FX?
Makes sense, added it.

While we're at it, I think the 'Android' subforum should be either dropped or its scope should be broadened. Any suggestions?
NilsGey wrote:Why is this still the default phpBB layout even with the phpBB logo?
Because nobody stepped up and changed it.

(Well that's not entirely true: we used to have a custom theme, but it got lost in an upgrade: we needed to move to a newer version to fight spam, but the customized theme did not work with that newer version).
nils
Established Member

Post by nils »

raboof wrote:While we're at it, I think the 'Android' subforum should be either dropped or its scope should be broadened. Any suggestions?
Android is a Linux Distribution. Delete it as a subforum, move the 12 threads to the Distribution forum and include a small notice in the forum description that this includes Rasperry Pi, Android and other mobile and embedded solutions.
raboof wrote:(Well that's not entirely true: we used to have a custom theme, but it got lost in an upgrade: we needed to move to a newer version to fight spam, but the customized theme did not work with that newer version)
I had a quick look at the phpBB style database. Many of those are prettier and better than the stock design. It doesn't have to be a custom Linux Audio theme. Just choose one that indicates *some* individuality.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

NilsGey wrote:
raboof wrote:While we're at it, I think the 'Android' subforum should be either dropped or its scope should be broadened. Any suggestions?
Android is a Linux Distribution. Delete it as a subforum, move the 12 threads to the Distribution forum and include a small notice in the forum description that this includes Rasperry Pi, Android and other mobile and embedded solutions.
Might make sense to have a subforum for software on mobile/tablet/embedded devices though
NilsGey wrote:
raboof wrote:(Well that's not entirely true: we used to have a custom theme, but it got lost in an upgrade: we needed to move to a newer version to fight spam, but the customized theme did not work with that newer version)
I had a quick look at the phpBB style database. Many of those are prettier and better than the stock design. It doesn't have to be a custom Linux Audio theme. Just choose one that indicates *some* individuality.
Looks like I need FTP access to upload a style though.

(and TBQH I haven't seen one that I particularly like - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/quasar/demo/ feels nice but I don't like how it's fixed-width and has a huge menu of little-used links on the right...)
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

NilsGey wrote:even with the phpBB logo?
I managed to hack the template to show the already-uploaded old logo.

Best I can do without filesystem access for now.
Thad E Ginathom
Established Member

Post by Thad E Ginathom »

Actually, it looks really good!

Of course, blue is my favourite colour...
DoosC
Established Member

Post by DoosC »

It would be nice to let anyone who would like to participate propose a theme from the link you mentioned and each time a new one is proposed adding it to a poll (the later which I don't know how to make) so that the one with the most votes would be used.
I propose Artodia:Deluxe and Bl@ck.

As for the logo some were already proposed here : http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic ... 0&start=30
Again a poll would be nice if someone knows how to do it and has the right to do it.

Let the community decide ! ;)
| DoosC |
danboid
Established Member

Post by danboid »

Thanks for adding the plugins forum raboof! There have been 100's of threads posted under 'Linux Distros + other software' and elsewhere that have been purely about plugins so we can be a bit more organised now!

I can sorta see why Android got its own subforum as it is a radically different Linux platform to all the other Linux distros, which all use X11 instead of surfaceflinger. The problem is, unlike iOS, there are almost no good music apps for Android and no JACK (unlike iOS!). You can get sunvox for Android - thats the best I've seen.