Check out my new API for instruments(free demo synth)

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Louigi Verona
Established Member

Re: Check out my new API for instruments(free demo synth)

Post by Louigi Verona »

At the end of the day, if I put out a collection of the greatest synthesizers, samplers and effects that Linux has ever seen, users aren't going to care if it's DSSI or LV2 under the hood.
LV2 has presets, which is a big user feature, at least for people like myself. If you can programm this into DSSI - this would be good!
jeffh
Established Member

Post by jeffh »

Louigi Verona wrote: LV2 has presets, which is a big user feature, at least for people like myself. If you can programm this into DSSI - this would be good!

I already have :)

I just released the first plugin from my library (with presets). Check it out here:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7713
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

Louigi Verona wrote:LV2 has presets, which is a big user feature, at least for people like myself. If you can programm this into DSSI - this would be good!
I thought you could already use presets with DSSI softsynths? At least, with Qtractor this is possible.
jeffh
Established Member

Post by jeffh »

AutoStatic wrote:
Louigi Verona wrote:LV2 has presets, which is a big user feature, at least for people like myself. If you can programm this into DSSI - this would be good!
I thought you could already use presets with DSSI softsynths? At least, with Qtractor this is possible.
I think he's referring to preset management being provided by the API... DSSI doesn't provide any built-in way to manage presets, but I do have it built into LibModSynth.

If somebody writes a plugin with LibModSynth, and follows the instructions properly, the preset and program change functionality will already be in the Qt GUI, without the developer having to even think about it. I actually have it saving as a tab delimited file in the user's home directory, for easy debugging.
Louigi Verona
Established Member

Post by Louigi Verona »

Hey!
Thanks, great! This is exactly what I meant.