Muse and Musecore does not work with midiman

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

cx1964
Established Member

Muse and Musecore does not work with midiman

Post by cx1964 »

I want to use Muse and Musescore to play midi files, but I can't hear anything on my external midi device (digital piano or my Roland keyboard). For several years I used my midiman usb midisports2x2 with windows and everything worked fine.

I use Ubuntu 8.0.4. 64bits linux. I have installed the package midisport-firmware_1.2+dsfg1-0ubuntu4_all.deb. I am able to start jack via the commandline (jackd -d alsa), but I only see midi thru (via Aconnectgui). I can also play midi filles with timidity. But then the midi file is played on my sound card and not via an external midi device.

I can't start jack via Jack control. Why do I not see a midi in and a midi out?
I think, if I see a midi in and a midi out, the problem is solved, because under Windows I would configure my notation program or sequencer in such a way that it would use the external midiman midi in and the external midiman out.

Please help.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Welcom on the forum. :)

I think this is a tuning and configuration question (mod?)

I have not much experience with midi and external devices, but it seems to me that you have to be able to run qjackctl first. Pleas take a look at our wiki. There is an explanation to set up qjackctl.

http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php ... 63710#jack

Do you use Ubuntu studio?
becks
Established Member

Re: Muse and Musecore does not work with midiman

Post by becks »

cx1964 wrote:midisport-firmware_1.2+dsfg1-0ubuntu4_all.deb. I am able to start jack via the commandline (jackd -d alsa), but I only see midi thru (via Aconnectgui). I can also play midi filles with timidity. But then the midi file is played on my sound card and not via an external midi device.

I can't start jack via Jack control. Why do I not see a midi in and a midi out?
I think, if I see a midi in and a midi out, the problem is solved, because under Windows I would configure my notation program or sequencer in such a way that it would use the external midiman midi in and the external midiman out.

Please help.
I have one midisport2x2. and works great with external firmware loader. Now i'm on vacation, so i can't help you, i dont have my midisport here.
but after loading correct firmware you must see the device in qjackctl.

in the meantime take a look here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=96506

you must load the firmware with fxload, and then check the log for messages.
hth